Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Oscar Tangle

Oscar Tangle

Posts: 5 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Clan Forum - Proposed Multi User Editable Threads

Why?

Sick of reading multiple threads to find out who capped and who should be capping.

Just need a few good people to write on one post. (For example 278-279-785-65542199)

Example

Runescape Godz post a list of weekly assigned caps and those who have capped. If the poster is away that week a complete repost needs to be done by another user. Or multiple people have their single post with little editions each week. So the original poster can update theirs when they get back. This is doable but painful depending on the size of the clan or it leaves a lot of work for one member of the clan.

With posts being editable by a certain rank in the clan on this thread. They can set caps and it is stored all in one place. If you want to track capped as well. Whoever is online at that rank sees the capped broadcast and can goto the one post and just write capped next to their name.

Detail

When creating clan threads their are currently 2 options: private and public.
Allow a third option which has editable posts for ranks at and above XXXXX.
Ideally this should be a drop down box to choose rank but if it was hard coded to a certain rank (deputy) that would be fine.

Posts currently have who and when it was last edited and this should remain. The trusted leadership ranks should be fine with that and if not they should have made it a private thread instead.

Cheers. Hope it gets a jersey!

16-Jan-2015 18:32:28 - Last edited on 17-Jan-2015 01:37:40 by Oscar Tangle

joe poop
Nov Member 2023

joe poop

Posts: 2,362 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aeroxmaster said :
Sookie Lala said :
Maybe it's about forum updates. Ooooooooooh.

I'm not going to get my hopes too high up on that one, but definitely wondering what's underneath that hidden thread :p

Maybe it's related to the new and upcoming Runelabs website system... :o

I hope its about a forum rework. That would be soooo great to see :)

17-Jan-2015 00:50:14

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top