Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Miss Misty
Aug Member 2020

Miss Misty

Posts: 10,793 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I really like the welcome section and glad it was put at the top.

On the introduce yourself thread, someone (I believe Sookie, I may be wrong) actually clicked on a lot of the forum profiles to see who they were, there were some experienced forumers but said that there were plenty with under 500 and some with under 10 posts to their name so it is certainly attracting the right crowd.

I do think that the guides forum needs to be added to the forum index as it does provide a useful selection of guides that I know I certainly use when I need some advice for runescape.

Thanks,

Misty Fuzzy
Forum Addict
Fuzzleteer
`·.„¸¸,.¤
*°‘°•
}{
•°‘°*
¤.,¸¸„.·´
·.·:!¡ïÏï¡!:·.·
Miss Misty
Owner - Montys Crusaders

28-Jan-2014 08:58:20

Miss Misty
Aug Member 2020

Miss Misty

Posts: 10,793 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finance said :
Miss Misty said :

I do think that the guides forum needs to be added to the forum index as it does provide a useful selection of guides that I know I certainly use when I need some advice for runescape.

This is an excellent idea, there are a lot of really outstanding guides there. Support.

I have put this quote up on a new thread in the forum - hopefully it gets implemented!
`·.„¸¸,.¤
*°‘°•
}{
•°‘°*
¤.,¸¸„.·´
Miss Misty
Owner - Montys Crusaders

28-Jan-2014 12:37:11

Treemaid

Treemaid

Forum Moderator Posts: 11,286 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Rachel :)

Well ideally, the Welcome to the Forums section should just be for forums related questions, though if someone is obviously new and asks a question that might better be asked in another forum, hopefully they'll be unlikely to be slammed down with an immediate lock for asking, but a more gentle approach may be taken than would perhaps be taken with an experienced forumer who could be expected to know better.

Yes, some newcomers will go straight to the forum they think best as you suggest they might, then leave. Others may wish to ask for guidance about the best forum to post their question in and the Welcome forum fills that need. I see that's started to happen already on the chat thread, which is encouraging. Or, they may come to the forums initially for a specific purpose, notice the 'Welcome to the Forums' section and have a browse there first, hopefully picking up some useful forums related information and guidance while reading there.

I don't think that the majority of old handers who have posted there so far, are posting just because they are bored. I see a group of experienced forumers developing there who are genuinely keen on getting involved as much as they can in creating a friendly, relaxed environment where new forumers can feel welcome and confident enough to ask their questions without getting slammed down.

Funny how people can look at the same thing and perceive it so differently sometimes, ay? :)

Misty,
I agree, I think a reference to the Guides forum in the list in the 'Handy Forum Index' thread, would be helpful too.
AKA: Arbr**** Vie
Please also remove the filter from our siggies Jagex! :)

29-Jan-2014 13:02:30

Finance
Apr Member 2012

Finance

Posts: 56,428 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Does anyone know if forum strikes expire, possibly after a year like ingame offenses?

The reason I ask is one of my friends has 2 strikes. One was for a puush link -- I didn't even know you could get instantly banned for that, but I guess "no links" is "no links." He doesn't even know what the second strike was for because he could never find the post in question.

He's a nice guy, would hate to see him permanently banned over some sort of misunderstanding.
Community Helper

Need account help, technical support, or payment help? Visit the
Support Centre

31-Jan-2014 18:02:18

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finance said :
The reason I ask is one of my friends has 2 strikes. One was for a puush link

lol that's so dumb. I'm sure some people from hlf just forget they're not on HLF and do that too.

..::;;::..
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
Your Friendly, Neighborhood
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
Mustache
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´

31-Jan-2014 20:23:26 - Last edited on 31-Jan-2014 20:23:41 by Cyanid

Naturae

Naturae

Posts: 3,914 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finance said :
Does anyone know if forum strikes expire, possibly after a year like ingame offenses?

The reason I ask is one of my friends has 2 strikes. One was for a puush link -- I didn't even know you could get instantly banned for that, but I guess "no links" is "no links." He doesn't even know what the second strike was for because he could never find the post in question.

He's a nice guy, would hate to see him permanently banned over some sort of misunderstanding.

Get him to send an email to they might be able to clarify the reason for the strikes and give information on expiry. There could even be a chance to appeal against a strike - I'm not sure.
*Subliminal message about Leather Gloves*

01-Feb-2014 11:58:00

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top