Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

The contents of this message have been hidden.

19-Feb-2021 18:32:40

19-Feb-2021 18:38:38

19-Feb-2021 18:44:42

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Joel said :
Yeah sometimes I think it would be nice to have a hard hide feature (which used to be the case on the old/previous forum software) where posts and threads used to not appear at all (rather than leave a hidden post/thread message).

It did have a weird result though that if you hid a full page of posts on a thread, a user could still see that page but it would be empty lol
Remember when the "touch the wall" thing appeared in the wilderness? I think I leaked something on one of the threads that wasn't supposed to be leaked... and the post disappeared. Not hidden, but it disappeared. Only 9 posts on that page in the thread. lol.

Joel said :
If we ever get the chance to get a forum update, the list of updates that everyone would want is obviously loooong haha
Yeah. lol. They're all good suggestions, but it's a long list. ^_^
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

19-Feb-2021 19:01:16

Joel
Feb
fmod Member

Joel

Forum Moderator Posts: 32,974 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yeah, it was a weird view for a regular user and I think if I remember that far back, I became an FMod within a week or 2 of the new forums (which is based on the current system) went live so I wasn't familiar with the mod tools/view on the old software, just a user.

Same with hidden threads, if someone made like 20/30 spammy threads that all got hidden then a whole forum page would either be present but empty, or show like 5 threads instead of the regular 25 (I think 25 was and still is the limit).

Nostalgic!
Joel

Need support? Support Centre | Forum Help

19-Feb-2021 19:20:47

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Joel said :
Same with hidden threads, if someone made like 20/30 spammy threads that all got hidden then a whole forum page would either be present but empty, or show like 5 threads instead of the regular 25 (I think 25 was and still is the limit).
lol. I remember doing bumping duty, calculating exactly where I had to start bumping threads to put page 1 and 2 back to the way they were before all the "spammy threads" and push all the hidden/locked threads onto page 3... and then trying to see if I could get it done within a couple of minutes before anyone noticed. ^_^

Nostalgia!

19-Feb-2021 19:42:53

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Is it just me... or did the forum avatars just break?

EDIT: Seems like they're back to loading properly now.

22-Feb-2021 11:23:08 - Last edited on 22-Feb-2021 12:31:18 by NexOrigin

Corder
Oct Member 2017

Corder

Posts: 27,892 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, sometimes they take awfully long to load on my end. But I haven't cleared my cache in years, so might be that. :P Life is like a camera: Just focus on what's important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out, take another shot !

22-Feb-2021 14:14:12

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

It's like the avatar server crashed or wasn't responding. Everything else was fine, but the avatars wouldn't load. It just displayed the default image placeholder that you see when a website is missing an image file.

Maybe there was update to the avatar system or something...

22-Feb-2021 14:27:44

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top