Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Jamzi

Jamzi

Posts: 2,354 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What's up with having to fill in the authenticator when logging into the forums? Kinda annoying move there.

Also why is it that we can trust OUR PC's for only 30 days? Can you make it so that I can trust my own hardware indefinite if so desired?

thanks

03-Jan-2020 11:05:11

Rev The Wiz
Sep Member 2023

Rev The Wiz

Posts: 5,529 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jamzi said :
What's up with having to fill in the authenticator when logging into the forums?
It's to strengthen the security of accounts ... Account Security Features: Status Update

Jamzi said :
Also why is it that we can trust OUR PC's for only 30 days? Can you make it so that I can trust my own hardware indefinite if so desired?
Allowing a device to be permanently authorized leaves vulnerabilities in security that could be exploited, and might also defeat the purpose of authenticator.
RTW
»
::.
General
of Silent Knight
.::
Recruiting

07-Jan-2020 15:47:28

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Considering the thread was locked earlier and some slightly wrong information was posted:

I'd just like to say Jmod replies on the FMR are not necessarily final as I requested a decision to be reviewed and it was subsequently passed to the head of CM to look at probably because it was obvious I had a very good argument.

I would be very careful of pushing for another review of your complaint as you may be penalised for doing so.

This can be verified as the old threads and replies are still visible.

oh and in the past they did occasionally use your inbox. twice it happened to me and in one of them I was requested to email them via the community email, but this was when he had three/four CM mods active.

21-Jan-2020 18:49:40 - Last edited on 21-Jan-2020 18:56:00 by Wilf

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740 Back to Top