Forums

W&F Discussion and Chat Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 278-279-715-65175740

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The suggestion to try Wiki to find information is an excellent suggestion. However, just like you found out the information I was seeking wasn't there either. It does appear that the information posted to Wiki at times only contains the core information released at the time of the update for the most part. Official pages appear not to be updated past that point and sometimes the same can be said for user submitted pages too.

After doing both a search here on RSOF and then going off-site to seek that information and didn't find it, was *part* of the reason I mentioned the issue I was having with locating the forum page number of a thread in relationship to the discussion on the grave-bumping FSR.

I hope that Loggy C understands that my nomination of , 'to create a guide' is posted more as a compliment than actually requesting a guide to be created...

I find it interesting that it is mentioned that according to fmods, guides with content similar to what is posted to Wiki do not need to be duplicated on the forums as the reason a guide could not be created on RSOF. If that is the case then I wonder why it is that there are so many guides on RSOF then?

Could it possibly be that RSOF is the source for the information posted to Wiki and not the other way around as suggested by the reason the fmods use for not allowing guides to be created? The question of locating the original source of the information posted to Wiki shouldn't be to hard to answer.

Then there is the suggestion to have the suggestion posted to a *guide*. The information that is contained on that guide here is similar to content that you can also find on Wiki too.

Please don't misunderstand, I am not suggesting that the thread not be allowed because it does contain helpful information that appears *updated*. I am only connecting the fmod reason for not creating *guides* to the suggestion to use *guide* to post the suggestion on (conflict of 'rule' to suggestion).

Just food for thought...
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

26-Oct-2013 14:04:14

Sookie Lala

Sookie Lala

Posts: 49,349 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It was just that I had made a thread about a year ago now about having tips and information on how to use the forums somewhere on the forums itself, either a stickied thread or a link like the code of conduct is and was told that it was unnecessary as the information was in the wiki. A jmod also posted and said the same thing. We came to a compromise and Accomplishes made a forum guide of which Cyanides is a remake as an fmod locked and unstickied the one Accomplishes made a few months ago. :)
:)
:) :) :) :)

26-Oct-2013 14:30:05

Loggy

Loggy

Posts: 11,505 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
When I did all my wiki writing, I drew most of the information from my own memory and experiences with the game.

(It would not be difficult to add the page-finding thing to the wiki, if it'd be useful)

26-Oct-2013 14:34:25

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting that a bit of gold might of been included supporting the fmod reasons for not creating guides. Anyway, setting aside the 'food for thought' on the fmods 'reasons' for not creating guides, the suggestion to include Loggy C's suggestion on a thread where it may be able to fit is an excellent suggestion though but is not without some considerations.

Tbh, after looking at the thread, unless Cyanide wanted to add a 2.8 (referencing available space on the index on the thread) that deals with using forum features like search, user profile and the like then I am not sure how Loggy C's suggestion would fit in to this guide. To include the suggestion on that thread would be Loggy C choice too, not mine wouldn't you think?.

How about if I nominate Loggy C and Cyanide X to work together to create a 2.8 with helpful suggestions on using forum features within the contents of the guide since the thread is formated and is able to allow for the expansion of content?

Should I find another word to use in lieu of nominate? ;p
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

26-Oct-2013 15:12:03

Sookie Lala

Sookie Lala

Posts: 49,349 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well Cyanide does have a few reserves left I noticed and I am sure he won't mind adding a tips section to it. Can't hurt to ask him and suggest some ideas to add to it. Things such as Loggys tip, maybe also that you can go to a particular page in a thread by typing in the number of the page you want in the little box under the title or how to link a single post in the qfc link. (which I don't know how to do, lol) There's probably lots of other tips I can't think of right now. :)
:) :) :) :)

27-Oct-2013 00:45:29

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry. I asked Sookie in game but my laptop died on me. What specifically do you guys want to be added to the handbook thread?

..::;;::..
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
Your Friendly, Neighborhood
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
Mustache
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´

27-Oct-2013 01:22:26 - Last edited on 27-Oct-2013 02:02:20 by Cyanid

[#GSXSZYM0T]

[#GSXSZYM0T]

Posts: 18,440 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Theirs an issue with the time on the forums.
Go to my last post on Rune Kin and see Kossith (Clan Owner) posting time
(See next post for the time below)

-
Simbaha1
of Saradomin (Click the links):

Jagex Moderator Profiles
Tech Support
Account Help
Recent Game Updates
Rune Kin - Social - No req's
Simbaha1/My October 2013
Transformers: 4 info/spoilers