Forums

Time For Fmod Activity Sweep

Quick find code: 278-279-652-66251553

Jeremy Cheng
Aug Member 2013

Jeremy Cheng

Posts: 25,639 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I searched the forums for similar threads and couldn't find any. So I've noticed a few fmods have been inactive for quite a while. Can jagex consider doing a fmod activity sweep soon and replace the inactive fmods with new active ones? Remove and add an equal amount of fmods for inactivity. I don't see why a player should keep their fmod status if they don't engage in the forums in which they moderate. I'm not saying lurking shouldn't be allowed, but more fmods are needed as I've noticed certain hours fmods are needed but none are around. This isn't against any specific fmod.

23-Apr-2022 06:29:03

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hahahahahahahaha.

Jagex have just removed all Staff oversight of the moderator team, what makes you think they're going to devote time to managing it now?
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

23-Apr-2022 09:58:49

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
While I support an inactivity sweep of the team, there's no point doing one until other, more important things are addressed regarding the forums. I'll try to summarize this into the most important issues (in my opinion).

1. First and foremost, JMod activity from all teams need to be ramped up.
- The excuses of yesterday were that it required logging in via their postal in the Jagex office - now that most staff are WFH, this shouldn't be an excuse.

2. Consolidate the forums - remove even more subforums.
- The main reason people like Reddit is because it's a single page with everything. I personally hate this, but the forums are too complicated *for new people*. I personally think the forums need to be trimmed down to maybe minimum 5 subforums, maximum 10.

3. Start having incentives to use the official forums - bring back competitions, etc.
- There's constantly giveaways and such done on social media to encourage engagement on there, why not on here? I once asked Mod Poerkie to give the forums a similar treatment to the Friday Twitter 3 bond giveaway, and was told no.

4. Possibly updating the forum board itself - more customisation.
- Just more tools, freedoms on what to post, embeds, display pics, etc.

Only after the above is done, should the FMod team be sorted out. And an inactivity sweep should be unannounced to them, because literally every time one is announced, the same regular inactives suddenly become active, spam posting threads to show "hOw aCtIvE tHEy rEaLlY aRE" to avoid losing their status lol. When a sweep is done, it needs to be based on how much they've posted since the last activity sweep done by Mod Meadows in 2018, and done that way.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

23-Apr-2022 11:44:52

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
Hahahahahahahaha.

Jagex have just removed all Staff oversight of the moderator team, what makes you think they're going to devote time to managing it now?

+1

Have to agree here.

Sorry but i dont see any new mods happening any time soon so dont get your hopes up.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

23-Apr-2022 12:47:19

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well Jagex can pretend like they do nothing but it is still their site. I love this idea they project that everything is SO HARD.

They have become masters of excuse making. I'm guessing in the near future we will see Jagex instructing other game developers on their techniques.

This stuff takes hours, maybe days, not weeks and months. Gimme a break.

23-Apr-2022 12:56:28

Draco Burnz
Dec Member 2011

Draco Burnz

Posts: 79,296 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roddy Piper said :
Well Jagex can pretend like they do nothing but it is still their site. I love this idea they project that everything is SO HARD.

They have become masters of excuse making. I'm guessing in the near future we will see Jagex instructing other game developers on their techniques.

This stuff takes hours, maybe days, not weeks and months. Gimme a break.

Unless you have been a game dev or something of the sort, theres no way to know for sure how long things can take.

So dont say its "fast" to do things when you dont know the half of it.
Draco Burnz
Anime Fanatic
Defender of the logical

23-Apr-2022 13:16:18 - Last edited on 23-Apr-2022 13:16:38 by Draco Burnz

XSlay4DeathX
Mar Member 2007

XSlay4DeathX

Posts: 2,634 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well Forum Mods aren't paid, so them taking a break here and there is Jagex's fault. Plus i'm sure Jagex is saving loads yearly having unpaid F Mods. After international cheap labor laws get rolled out, they may face a few hiccups. Least on the F mods defense there is a post count which could get a random 'salary per post' no matter the length as punishment. It is time after all.

I'm more than capable of flipping the houses of any company/legal system upside down in 'true' legal designs on values of the people. I gave them more than enough time to change. I lead them on a pathway they now can't win against us activists.

Jagex makes millions, they have no need to have 'free' labor. I can understand an indie game using such. Time for the world to wake up. :P

At least give them free membership or rune coins per X amount of quality posts. Motives of ones actions speak volumes in how you value someone's help. so many options but they do nothing, it's not just jagex.

Disclaimer: Yes Forum Mods don't need salaries, but i find it insulting the world needs laws and policies before they act in the name of respect of someone's time spent VS money saved when they can afford to 'Give'.

No Support.

24-Apr-2022 11:55:49

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If there were no volunteers then they would have paid staff watching the forum.

Just like if there were no whales they would produce more fun gameplay.

They would have no choice. This relates to all games.

Why would they pay someone who does it for free? Why would they make fun games when they can just sell cosmetics and time savers?

Who is to blame for any of this? It is hard to convince a game studio they are doing anything wrong when people just throw money and time at them. One thumbs up or picture of a squirrel is enough social media PR for 3 months.

24-Apr-2022 12:56:10

Quick find code: 278-279-652-66251553 Back to Top