Forums

Time For Fmod Activity Sweep

Quick find code: 278-279-652-66251553

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
While I support an inactivity sweep of the team, there's no point doing one until other, more important things are addressed regarding the forums. I'll try to summarize this into the most important issues (in my opinion).

1. First and foremost, JMod activity from all teams need to be ramped up.
- The excuses of yesterday were that it required logging in via their postal in the Jagex office - now that most staff are WFH, this shouldn't be an excuse.

2. Consolidate the forums - remove even more subforums.
- The main reason people like Reddit is because it's a single page with everything. I personally hate this, but the forums are too complicated *for new people*. I personally think the forums need to be trimmed down to maybe minimum 5 subforums, maximum 10.

3. Start having incentives to use the official forums - bring back competitions, etc.
- There's constantly giveaways and such done on social media to encourage engagement on there, why not on here? I once asked Mod Poerkie to give the forums a similar treatment to the Friday Twitter 3 bond giveaway, and was told no.

4. Possibly updating the forum board itself - more customisation.
- Just more tools, freedoms on what to post, embeds, display pics, etc.

Only after the above is done, should the FMod team be sorted out. And an inactivity sweep should be unannounced to them, because literally every time one is announced, the same regular inactives suddenly become active, spam posting threads to show "hOw aCtIvE tHEy rEaLlY aRE" to avoid losing their status lol. When a sweep is done, it needs to be based on how much they've posted since the last activity sweep done by Mod Meadows in 2018, and done that way.

yeah there definitely is a priority order in which things need to happen
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

25-Apr-2022 11:08:45

Perchinski

Perchinski

Posts: 45 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
While I support an inactivity sweep of the team, there's no point doing one until other, more important things are addressed regarding the forums. I'll try to summarize this into the most important issues (in my opinion).

- The excuses of yesterday were that it required logging in via their postal in the Jagex office - now that most staff are WFH, this shouldn't be an excuse.

- The main reason people like Reddit is because it's a single page with everything. I personally hate this, but the forums are too complicated *for new people*. I personally think the forums need to be trimmed down to maybe minimum 5 subforums, maximum 10.

3. Start having incentives to use the official forums - bring back competitions, etc.
- There's constantly giveaways and such done on social media to encourage engagement on there, why not on here? I once asked Mod Poerkie to give the forums a similar treatment to the Friday Twitter 3 bond giveaway, and was told no.

I agree with all of the points made, but especially #2 and #3. There are simply too many subforums with too little activity spread across all of them. Consolidating will make the forums feel more "alive." Incentivizing players to participate would also help.
Get your axes from Bob's Axes.

25-Apr-2022 18:52:29

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
As far as I can recall a Jmod said they would do one in the future and CM Nick (remember him?) locked the thread advocationg one because a Jmod had said they would be reviewed.

Obviously this never happened and nobody expected it to and it was just a convenient way to lock the thread.

278-279-303-66126192

"Hey all,

We did recently add a couple of Fmod's this is something we've reverted the situation prior to what it was.

I've also noticed that there is a demand for conducting an Fmod inactivity sweep, this is something we'll do when we have some time that we can allocate to it.

My apologies for any inconveniences caused.

Mod Poerkie"

This was 2019

I'm also pretty sure due to complaints over dead periods on forum help some/all of the non english mods were allowed to mod the english boards again.

25-Apr-2022 21:14:09 - Last edited on 25-Apr-2022 21:28:32 by Wilf

Theos
Aug
fmod Member

Theos

Forum Moderator Posts: 23,574 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :

Only after the above is done, should the FMod team be sorted out. And an inactivity sweep should be unannounced to them, because literally every time one is announced, the same regular inactives suddenly become active, spam posting threads to show "hOw aCtIvE tHEy rEaLlY aRE" to avoid losing their status lol. When a sweep is done, it needs to be based on how much they've posted since the last activity sweep done by Mod Meadows in 2018, and done that way.

Well said. This post pretty much captures my full opinion, and the logical order in which how Jagex should address this.
Forum Moderator

26-Apr-2022 15:14:13

Nead
Sep Member 2012

Nead

Posts: 20,472 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :

YES! Social media is depressing. I only use the RSOF unless a topic is incredibly interesting to where my attention draws towards Reddit where it's more-so held.

Another great point. Back in the day, Mod Kalaya and Mod Neena were very much onboard with this. Why current development had ceased and further development has never been introduced is frustrating.

All that aside, I agree with the overall sentiment of the thread that though the volunteers may not necessarily be needed due to the low activity the RSOF already sees, the retired staff surely aren't obligated to retain a title?

- Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

26-Apr-2022 18:51:04

Nead
Sep Member 2012

Nead

Posts: 20,472 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
...which leads into another topic -- why are the volunteers seemingly held to such lax standards such as this, nowadays (i.e. activity levels, integrity checks, etc)? There's certainly a few on the team that deserve a better perception and treatment than what's been portrayed from the employees collecting a paycheck to manage them. Which in-turn, after reading another similar thread, those individuals have been dismissed O_o ? oof.
- Ornery Onions -
Prioritizing inclusion, friendliness and offering a helping hand to those that need it.

26-Apr-2022 18:55:11

The contents of this message have been hidden.

26-Apr-2022 20:05:48

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,815 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ironically the F-mod Specific forums are here on the English Boards. Which means that our foreign language family have to be minty green here too to see them and post within them. Our profiles only show people who are lurking them the sub-forums they can access. So you may not be seeing their full profiles and Jagex doesn't tell us they're running activity sweeps just like the p-mods.

Yes y'all see the same ones of us around all the time cause we like being here. I've been pretty MIA recently due to being under a mountain of work at my previous employer I was covering the entire Midwest for engineering so I had to oversee 5 states of branches for all of their engineering needs.

Now I've moved employers and there is a backlog here I'm working through. Been here 3 weeks and starting to dig out from the backlog. New responsibilities I didn't have before and a computer system I was unfamiliar with I needed to learn. It's an adventure but that's why I've been in and out. However I'm never out of touch I still keep up with the happenings around here I just may not post. I spend much of my time when I am around reading threads and not posting if I have nothing new to add, or I'm not mod-keeping.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

26-Apr-2022 20:31:15

Quick find code: 278-279-652-66251553 Back to Top