Forums

Forums Quick banner link? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 278-279-204-66138866

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,815 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wonders why the powers that be felt it necessary to remove the forums direct link, stuffing it into community drop down. To leave in it's place a downloads button that's twice it's size. After all we could have removed the news drop down tab as I'm sure it got far less use.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

14-Jan-2020 11:49:35

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,536 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, I have to admit I had a brief panic there!

I agree, I'm not sure hiding the Forums button is a good idea.
(Translation from Brit-speak: "I think it's a terrible idea" )
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

14-Jan-2020 12:22:59 - Last edited on 14-Jan-2020 12:24:06 by Asahel Frost

Tranq
Nov
fmod Member

Tranq

Forum Moderator Posts: 61,815 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh I'm sure the persistent looking for the forums will find it. After all I spotted where it landed in under 20 seconds.

However I don't see the logic in a giant download button along with the play free button that takes you to the download page anyhow. So giving the download 25% of the clickable button space just seems rather intrusive to those that use the website rather than the client. After all once the client is downloaded unless looking up something everything is down from the desktop.
When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.

14-Jan-2020 12:44:49

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What's the point of having a 'Try free' button for people who are already logged into the site, and who therefore have already created an account and tried the game?
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

14-Jan-2020 13:03:07

Asahel Frost
Dec Member 2007

Asahel Frost

Posts: 16,536 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Archaeox said :
What's the point of having a 'Try free' button for people who are already logged into the site, and who therefore have already created an account and tried the game?
Well quite!

At first I thought i'd somehow ended up on the 'new user' version of the website (yes, there is one), but no, it was a badly thought through update.

The new user version of the website already has big "Create account" and "Download" buttons. Why do we need them on the version of the site seen by existing users?

(If you want to see the new user website, use your browser's incognito mode to open
https://www.runescape.com
)
Glad to be of service :) (Powered by GPP™ - Share and Enjoy!)
Official Community Helper
( Info )
Discord: Asahel Frost
FC: SilverScaper

14-Jan-2020 13:19:00

Fire Hawk154

Fire Hawk154

Posts: 9,001 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Asahel Frost said :
(If you want to see the new user website, use your browser's incognito mode to open
https://www.runescape.com
)

Or use the link to the new user website:
https://www.runescape.com/splash

So yea these massive links on the main website are pointless. It's not a browser game anymore, so most people visiting the website are regular players wanting to visit News/Forums/GE/Hiscores. The OSRS layout of the website is much more suitable.
Clan Europe Staff
|
Clan Cup Winners
|
Maxed Pure F2P

14-Jan-2020 13:39:38

Quick find code: 278-279-204-66138866 Back to Top