Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Weyburns,

Hmm, not sure what's going on. I have actually done a clean install of windows and Linkify and everything seems normal here.

Have you ran system restore or something similar recently because what you describe sounds similar to when system restore screws with javascript files.

Other than a re-install there is something you can try.

There is a way you can set defaults to corrupt settings, but that may not be the problem. However this harmless so it can't hurt.

You'll need to copy this yellow text...
checkCFG();

Now open the extensions page and click "background page"

http://i.imgur.com/GX8pZxv.png

- Then click the console tab at the top.

- Then click an empty area in the console.

- Press ctrl + v

- hit enter.

That will check your settings and set defaults for any that don't look right.

It may or may not fix your issue, but it can't hurt.

If you see other errors in the console, it will probably mean there is files missing or information missing. It wont fix that, that requires more drastic measures to sort out like a re-install.

Hope this helps.

16-Apr-2016 02:56:24

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I see a lot of people post in Off-topic who I've never seen post in General, or who post very little in General (but also little in Off-topic).

hmm... interesting :p
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

16-Apr-2016 08:33:49

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's true, I barely post in offtopic excluding this thread, and I rarely post in feedback. I probably couldn't pinpoint why though. Just more interested in rs stuff then other stuff I guess...
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

16-Apr-2016 17:08:19

Nelson
Dec Member 2023

Nelson

Posts: 1,977 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
been using linkify for quite a while now and only just found out (past week or two) that we can highlight text and quote it. i used to quote whole posts and trim them down to just what i needed lol.

came here to ask if that was a linkify feature or a default forum feature. i assumed it was a linkify feature so i checked the patch notes and found it there.

so.. thanks lol. such a useful feature.

18-Apr-2016 15:32:48

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Nelson :)

Yep it's a RS Linkify feature as you've already discovered. There are few things with quoting that RS Linkify does.

- Text selection quoting (as you know)

- Quotes stack (by default quoting clears all your text, RS Linkify prevents that and allows multiple quotes)

- Quotes appear at your last known cursor position (meaning you can insert a quote in the middle of your text)

You might be pleased to know (as I'm sure many others will be too) that I've started to write a manual for RS Linkify.

I've gone 3 years without giving any instructions. I just can't keep putting it off any longer. Tbh I've been slack and now it's a daunting task, I only have myself to blame. But I want the features to be used and that's currently my top priority.

18-Apr-2016 16:22:01

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top