Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Portus

Portus

Posts: 2,288 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Indy :) I don't post too much generally so for a while I thought I'd just been clicking the wrong button when I do submit a post.. Whenever I click on submit it previews my post instead, and only on that page can I submit my post.

Will edit this post in a second, just disabled Linkify to see if it's the actual forums or the extension.

Edit: Yep, it is the extension, glad to see I haven't been going crazy for a while :P Is there a way this can be toggled off please? :)

04-Oct-2013 19:23:51 - Last edited on 04-Oct-2013 19:26:26 by Portus

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Portus, I've been told there are at least two determining factors with the preview. Neither have anything to do with RS-Linkify.

The length of the post seems to definitely trip the preview, the longer the post more likely it's going to happen.

I've been told the more time that elapses the more likely preview is tripped. I assume the time thing pertains to using the reply button but I'm not sure.

I can assure you RS-Linkify isn't the cause. It's very inconsistent and I'm not sure that those things are contributing to the preview, they are just observations other have made.

I'm making this post without RS-Linkify and I'll edit if the forced preview occurs.

Edit: yep went to preview.

04-Oct-2013 19:52:28 - Last edited on 04-Oct-2013 20:00:12 by Indecent Act

Portus

Portus

Posts: 2,288 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
@Portus
I'm pretty sure I had experienced that even before I had Linkify installed. It only happens on occasion to me.

Oh weird, nevermind then! It's reassuring to see it's not just me consistently clicking on the wrong button still! I didn't think it was every post but started thinking it was maybe forced over/under a certain character amount to try and force people to think before posting.. I dunno, I couldn't work out the logic.

I shoulda guessed an annoying feature was down to Jagex themselves ;)

Edit: Thanks for the prompt response as always Indy! We're expected in game to get used to and work around glitches and bad ideas and I had forgotten that the forums were exactly the same before you fixed everything :)

04-Oct-2013 20:02:32 - Last edited on 04-Oct-2013 20:08:17 by Portus

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

You're definitely not going crazy, it happens to everyone intermittently.

There was a discussion about it on my old thread, but at the end of it the only thing that was conclusive was that it affects everyone at some time or another.

Edit: damn I had wrong avatar code :)

­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

04-Oct-2013 20:08:02 - Last edited on 13-May-2014 14:24:54 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

did linkify kill off rfi?

~
A
b
y
#
~

No, I was very careful not to compete with RFI. The idea was for RS-Linkify to coexist with other extensions.

However as far as I know RS-Linkify is the only extension for runescape forums that's still being updated and that has kept up with forum changes. The maker of RFI announced some time ago he wasn't working on it any more, the forums have changed since then, and RFI no longer works properly.

04-Oct-2013 22:04:11

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Change quickfind codes to an input box with the code as a placeholder to make them easier to select? pls very much? :)

I'm guessing you mean change this http://puu.sh/4HJFK.jpg

Good idea, how about I make it on click to auto select just the code?

So clicking on it anywhere does this: http://puu.sh/4HK5Q.jpghttp://puu.sh/4HK5Q.jpg

Indecent, instead of the HTTP thing to hide images, can you add a
tags so i can hide random text :D ?

~
A
b
y
#
~

I need to consider how it looks for those not using RS-Linkify. Your text won't be hidden in many cases.

05-Oct-2013 01:08:56

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top