Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'll have an update coming sometime later today to announce the IQ9 winner. I'm doing some stuff so you can also view the correct answers for the nine questions. I'm hoping that wont take too long to get done.

If all goes well there will be something else too. AoDude posted some nice CSS code and I have playing around with it and managed to build on it a little.

Here's an example.

Visited threads can be recoloured (your choice of colour) and last posted is coloured too. See pic below.

http://i.imgur.com/IU81b89.png

I managed to make to make it so you don't have to have clicked the links for this to apply. For example if a thread is three pages long and you end up on the last page, when you return to the forum sub section the last post will coloured as though you clicked it.

This means you can see if any new posts have been made at a glance, if it's the default colour then you haven't seen it.

This will also apply to posted QFC's and other links, if you had previously visited them they will also be recoloured.

I'm not sure how long the browser stores the visited states of links, but it's got be way better than linkify saving and cross-referencing every single thread link that's clicked.

AoDude's code has been great as he solved the specificity headache :)

03-Nov-2015 03:21:53 - Last edited on 03-Nov-2015 04:04:02 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
I'm not sure how long the browser stores the visited states of links

Long enough to be sufficient for the RSOF I think. I have some from the middle of September, but that was the last time I cleared my browsing history.

All in all the update looks great, I can't wait.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

03-Nov-2015 04:15:09 - Last edited on 03-Nov-2015 04:15:45 by Hevilmystic

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks Rowley, I assumed it would be a while but it's not something I've taken notice of. I expect there'd be a data limit and the old gets pushed out for the new.

Should be fine on the forums as many threads come and go as it is.

This new option won't override custom colours for friends, clan, self etc. I had to remove your name temporarily for the screen shot. I think it's best not override them so I'll keep it that way.

03-Nov-2015 04:30:26 - Last edited on 03-Nov-2015 04:30:53 by Indecent Act

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
I'll have an update coming sometime later today to announce the IQ9 winner. I'm doing some stuff so you can also view the correct answers for the nine questions. I'm hoping that wont take too long to get done.

If all goes well there will be something else too. AoDude posted some nice CSS code and I have playing around with it and managed to build on it a little.

Yay! Cool :)
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

03-Nov-2015 05:43:35

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

RS Linkify Version: 3.1.9.11 has just been published.

The IQ9 winners will be announced when you receive the update (yes winners not winner).
I decided one wasn't enough so I quickly raised in another 100 mil to throw into the mix.

It was strange what that rng threw out when drawing the final winner, both winners have something in common with each other, and in a way they have something in common with Halloween...Spooky!

Also in this update there is a new option to play with. See Miscellaneous Settings :)

03-Nov-2015 11:21:41

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top