Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Fairytales
Nov Member 2019

Fairytales

Posts: 7,345 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Okay I've been trying to think of a suggestion, think this one would be pretty nice.

How about different back/border option for a post which includes your name.
So when someone posts something that includes your display name, it will show up with say a blue background, so you can instantly see the post includes something about you.

Think that would be pretty neat :)

01-Sep-2013 22:23:14

Wakko
Oct Member 2023

Wakko

Posts: 6,574 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indy:

There are no words to express the gratitude for your amazing work with these forums.
You are GREAT at what you do and I hope you get some prize for this one day.
You are one of the few persons that have my respect and appreciation.
Thank you for all what you have done.

01-Sep-2013 22:46:41

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Okay I've been trying to think of a suggestion, think this one would be pretty nice.

How about different back/border option for a post which includes your name.
So when someone posts something that includes your display name, it will show up with say a blue background, so you can instantly see the post includes something about you.

Think that would be pretty neat :)

That's do-able and is a nice idea. It would also include posts that had quoted you too, since your name is in the quote.

Basically a highlight for posts that have quoted you, or that contain your name...

I've added this to my to-do list :)

01-Sep-2013 22:46:48

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Everyone who's posted...(damn that sounds so impersonal but I it saves me typing a page of names)

The comments, feedback and appreciation from you all is simply awesome. It really means alot to me, and never goes unnoticed, and is never taken for granted.

Big thank you to you all :)

01-Sep-2013 22:58:18

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Heyy Indy :)

I've been searching for a way to limit votes per user to 1, but I haven't found anything that could work :/

It seems like an anonymous google form doesn't have any built in way to detect unique visitors, so anyone with the link can submit as many votes as they like.

This limits the usefulness by a lot, but I think it may still be a nice feature to embed them, if it's not too much effort.

I will continue looking though. Just came up with an idea that could work, I'll look more into it tomorrow morning. The idea is that poll voters would have to visit a page that generates a unique key shared to the poll owner to know what entries to accept. The key would also be stored locally and the page would show the same key if the same user visits it. It would limit multiple voting to some extent, but it's probably too much of a hassle. People can remove or disable their localstorage/cookies to vote multiple times, but I guess it works that way for any anonymous voting service.

What do you think about embedded google forms?
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

01-Sep-2013 22:59:34

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top