Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Keighlea, awesome thanks for the reply :)

Okay I can detect last edit by a mod reposition. Still not 100% sure if I'll remove that text though, but if i do that will work.

I'm still not sure what number to display. The posts for the page 1-10 or the post for thread 1-2000. I mentioned before that last digit in post for thread is actually the post number for the page. But it's all about readability for me. Do you remember what FRI or RFE did in that regard and did it work? I know some people are fine with 1-10 and that's cool with me, but I'd like to hear what others think before I go ahead.

The edited text in posts you mention is an interesting one. It's do-able, but only to a point.

- yes a comparison can be made to determine the changes.

- Using local storage, nope. What's in your local storage is for your eyes only. So no other RS-Likify user would know what's changed. The only way to do it would be to insert some kind of invisible tag into the post around the changes. Then RS-Linkify can see it and recolour what's between the tags.

- Character limit is a concern, inserting tags takes up space, sure most threads aren't 2000 characters, unless you waffle on like me. So there would be cases it wouldn't work.

- Coloured text in posts might present issues, colouring yellow text to yellow serves no purpose. But its not just that, some colours are similar yet their names are very different, beige and light grey may look similar to us, but to the computer they are vastly different.

Few other things to consider as well, but those are the ones I can think of right now.
There are solutions to some of those things, but there is allot to consider.

TL :D R, I'm not sure lol.

@J Morgan, I'll play around with some combinations over the next few days and post some pics when I have a plan :)

­­­
­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

30-Sep-2013 19:38:08

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Original message details are unavailable.
Ohhhh cool fun-facts! :D
And i like how the #post idea is starting to shape people!

Software that's shaped by the users. That's what this thread is all about, pretty much everyone who posts contributes to the shape of RS-Linkify in some way.

­­­

30-Sep-2013 19:43:18

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How about something similar to this? I removed the Quote button and renamed the Reply one with "Quote", and added the post# above it. Also renaming the Highlight button as "Report". Just seems to free up a ton of room.

http://puu.sh/4EgZK.jpg

~Ama

Selective Completionist

30-Sep-2013 20:08:29

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@J3, Not sure if it's an issue but I'd be reluctant to have the words "RS-Linkify" in your signature if you're posting on the regular forums.

I know it's a link to a thread and I love it that it's in your signature, but it may be seen as promoting third party software.

To my knowledge this thread getting stickied set a precedent in regards to third party software on the runescape forums. That shouldn't be taken as endorsement by Jagex, but it means we hit a grey area in regards to this situation.

An Fmod that interprets the rules strictly may not take kindly to having RS-Linkify in your signature.

See Keighlea's signature for an example of how avoid any potential problems.

Anyway thats just a heads up, I'm not sure what the deal is TBH. But I'd play it safe if posting outside of HLF :)

­­­

30-Sep-2013 20:12:53 - Last edited on 30-Sep-2013 20:16:10 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top