Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Faded Myths

Faded Myths

Posts: 3,611 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I like the idea of that also, Morgan :)

­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
___
_____

­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ¸,°'ˆ\
FàÐéÐ Mÿ
/ˆ'°,¸

30-Sep-2013 17:21:07

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Faded Myths, that always happened when selecting text from both a quote and text on the page, and also from selecting text that spans multiple quotes.

I have written a routine that only allows text selection from a given area. That prevents that from happening. I haven't included it the update because I wasn't sure if it would be too restrictive.

I might put in next update and give it a trail run.

Original message details are unavailable.
Indy, you could safely remove that highlight button by moving buttons around like this!

Looks like we getting somewhere with this. I don't mind moving things around. I would like to keep the highlight option available. I know it's considered useless and I can't argue with that. However I don't feel it's right to remove it totally.

I can add a button next to the quote/reply, thats no problem. But looking at your screenie made me think you don't need two quote buttons. In your case (and mine) it would make more sense to replace
link with post # and leave everything else as is.

­­­
­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

30-Sep-2013 18:01:58

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
And a big 00111100 00110011 to you!

As an example

*rubs hands together and dives in to see what I can do* lol

Edit:

Okay, a couple comments on things and an idea I thought of!

As far as post numbering goes, I know on longer threads I lose track of and find it difficult to keep track of which post of the page I'm on.. So a small indicator on the corner of the post would be pretty handy, I'd think

As for removing the "last edited by ..." section, I think it would work well so long as the name doesn't include "Mod _", because it's nice to know when it happens. So you could check the name to see if it has Mod _, and if it doesn't, re-position the edit message at the bottom of the post, like this

http://puu.sh/4Eca1.jpg

Though it wouldn't be text in the actual post, it would just position existing text down at the bottom (probably under the signature, actually :P )

Lastly... Would it be possible to "invisibly" recolor text for Linkify users when an edit is made? In the sense that... The original message is "stored" somewhere (local storage?) and then when "Update message" is clicked, it compares the current post to the stored post. Any text that's been added can be colored (I like yellow) yellow by Linkify, without having to insert 8 color tags into the post.

As for when something gets removed from the post... I don't think keeping the removed text would be needed. For a highly likely example, I post something that has a typo in it and edit my post to remove the error "two" instead of "too"

You could make it display as... "
two
too", to keep all aspects there, but removing doesn't really happen as often as adding

And to make a note, since it would only appear to other Linkify users (much like ­<3), it would appear normal still to non users

http://puu.sh/4EcBa.jpg

~~~Zaros is the way Forward~~~
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

30-Sep-2013 18:10:27 - Last edited on 30-Sep-2013 18:39:23 by Keighlea

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Where do i find the fun-facts? D:

---------------------------------------------------------
| Submit a bug report | RS-Linkify | CLF | HLF |

Options --> Updates.....then below the update info.

There is new fun fact with every content update. This update's fun fact is written in binary, just for something different :)

When there is something I feel that's worth mentioning, a new tab will open showing info about the update. Just for fun I've been putting a Fun Fact at the end.

Some previous facts...

- No matter what RS-Linkify users do, they always look good while doing it.

- RS-linkophobia is fear of using forums without RS-Linkify.

- RSlinkify users are more successful in RS and in real life than non RS-Linkify users

­­­
­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

30-Sep-2013 18:24:13 - Last edited on 30-Sep-2013 18:33:05 by Indecent Act

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
In your case (and mine) it would make more sense to replace Quote link with post # and leave everything else as is.

Hmm, yes, sounds good. Now the quote link is redundant. We could seize the opportunity to replace it with that. Also, making the "report" button more visible as shown in my screenshot would be nice too.
The time you spent working on the report function would be better showcased the more people that use it.

30-Sep-2013 18:29:14

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top