Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :

The profile will be a pretty major update and I have barely begun. I don't want to work on it in dribs and drabs, that's why I'm waiting until I have time (September/October is always busy for me ). When things settle down I'll focus on it and nail it hard :)

Oh, no worries! I'm a patient customer :D In fact.. *queue dramatic music and evil laugh* for the past year, I've been waiting for just the right time to bait you into the idea of making me a Gears of War
Omen
(COG) badge , as that is where my root name "body" is derived from (referring to 'body' shots when you blow someone into pieces, hehe). I always say to myself... one day... one day..

(.. A proper villian must tell the great hero his evil, nefarious plans before carrying out the evil deed... otherwise it's just not as evil :D ) *ahem* You've been warned.

HTTP://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo253/montana909sb/Gears2WhiteOmen.jpg
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

01-Oct-2015 11:04:08 - Last edited on 01-Oct-2015 11:09:13 by Body btw

Ziksy
Oct Member 2012

Ziksy

Posts: 13,420 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
It's only custom titles that relay on display names, so letting me know is all you need to do and I'll take care of it

I have replaced the name "Ziksy" with "Alan Ford". So when linkify updates it's titles, you'll be back to normal

Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for information.

Well I'll be changing my name back in a month so I'll give you a heads-up when that happens.

Sorry for extra work I caused :p
Red
Yellow
Green

01-Oct-2015 11:51:02

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Body btw said :
I've been waiting for just the right time to bait you into the idea of making me a Gears of War Omen (COG) badge

Aww you don't need to wait for the right time to ask. But if you want something like that for the forums it puts me in a position I'd like to avoid.

You see I could say yes to some people but not to all (I don't like that). Badges are hard coded into linkify so there's a limit as to how much I can do and maintain. It means I have to update linkify every time someone wants a badge, or wanted to change badge, or changes name.

When I had god badges, they were different in that they worked from the custom avatar code. The first digit of the code represented the badge. I had just enough digits to cover the gods for the world events. I have been meaning to bring back god badges, just haven't got around to it.

By now I figure you know where is going. I just don't like to say a flat "no" without giving my reason. There is no harm in asking and if I could do it in a fair way for all I'm still not sure if I'd be keen (I have got other reasons) , but I'd consider it.

I do have more to say (that might be good news on the subject) that I'll go into later, as I'm remaining non committal atm :)

Ziksy said :
Oh, I didn't know that! Thanks for information.

Well I'll be changing my name back in a month so I'll give you a heads-up when that happens.

Sorry for extra work I caused :

It's not a problem to update titles, it causes no extra work for me :)

I designed it that way so I could accommodate display name changes easily. It's simply a matter of me copying and pasting your name.

The only thing I don't do is monitor display name changes, so that means it's up to the player to let me know.

Krakkadoom said :
Thanks, you da best :)
My pleasure :)

01-Oct-2015 17:30:04 - Last edited on 01-Oct-2015 17:31:20 by Indecent Act

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Don't suppose there has been a mini update for Linkify? It isn't running on Opera suddenly but it is on Chrome..

E: Ignore me, lol, forgot I was in private mode with Linkify disabled there..

Hope you're alright :P
Selective Completionist

01-Oct-2015 18:48:26 - Last edited on 01-Oct-2015 18:54:02 by Amaethwr

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

^Glad that's all it was, and no updates since 19th of September.

Still need to see what happens whit opera in regard to updates, but I'm not expecting it to work until I host on their app store. But a manual update might be worth a shot when the time comes.

01-Oct-2015 19:04:41

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hevilmystic said :
-sends supplies of coffee and love-

I will take some paracetamol or ibuprofen if it's going though!
Coffee and love is always welcome :)

Got just the thing for you...
HTTP://orig05.deviantart.net/bf79/f/2010/258/c/8/cup_of_caffeine_pills_by_anafelixpires-d2ysmy5.jpg

01-Oct-2015 23:20:38

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top