Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kakamile said :
Is there a way to stop instantly playing twitch links?

It's like I load a page and instantly sink my signal with no idea why.

It seems to depends on what kind of twitch link it is.

It's a bug that has been around for a long time with their embed code. They know about it, and last year replied to some reports but gave no indication they'd fix it.

Some more recent reports below.
http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/questions/9763347-embedded-player-disable-autoplay

Twitch is a mess imo, I'd like to actually stop embedding their video altogether and just provide a link. But I'm not sure if that would be well received.

20-Jul-2015 03:22:26

Kakamile

Kakamile

Posts: 10,839 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Kakamile said :
Is there a way to stop instantly playing twitch links?

It's like I load a page and instantly sink my signal with no idea why.

It seems to depends on what kind of twitch link it is.

It's a bug that has been around for a long time with their embed code. They know about it, and last year replied to some reports but gave no indication they'd fix it.

Some more recent reports below.
http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/questions/9763347-embedded-player-disable-autoplay

Twitch is a mess imo, I'd like to actually stop embedding their video altogether and just provide a link. But I'm not sure if that would be well received.
Thanks.

Weird, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. But when I have bad signal is when autoplay decides it's a splendid time to buffer a 1hr-24hr stream.

21-Jul-2015 07:06:12

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Morgan said :
Hey Indy, I hope you're doing well ­<3
Hiya Morgypie,

All is well here. I hope everything is good for you ­<3

Kakamile said :
Thanks.

Weird, sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't. But when I have bad signal is when autoplay decides it's a splendid time to buffer a 1hr-24hr stream.

Happens at the worst possible times. It was just isolated to one kind of link (they have a few) but I'm not 100% sure that's still the case. I have a feeling (looking at the complaints/bug reports) it's more widespread. Their 'start-time' parameters (hrs-min-sec) stopped working properly a while ago too.

All these things have been this way since last year. 8 months (probably more) should be long enough to get basic functionality sorted. 8 hours should be enough tbh.

You're not the first to notice and comment about the the auto play. I might include an option to disable twitch embedding and just have a click-able link :)

I know I'd disable twitch embedding.

22-Jul-2015 00:43:21

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hi all, thanks for all the feedback/comments about twitch. Looks like we are all on the same page with the twitch embedding.

Version 3.1.8.54 is on the way (publishing it right now).

From here on twitch by default will be linkified but not embedded. However there is an option (somewhere in the settings) to toggle embedding twitch.

Coffee for all, hope you like it strong and hot!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/56/96/9d/56969d8260ea0de73b9d0482d9d825ca.jpg

24-Jul-2015 03:35:26

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top