Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Hi all, thanks for all the feedback/comments about twitch. Looks like we are all on the same page with the twitch embedding.

Version 3.1.8.54 is on the way (publishing it right now).

From here on twitch by default will be linkified but not embedded. However there is an option (somewhere in the settings) to toggle embedding twitch.

Coffee for all, hope you like it strong and hot!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/56/96/9d/56969d8260ea0de73b9d0482d9d825ca.jpg

A post that's easy on the eyes. Ty Indy :) Job well done.
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

24-Jul-2015 08:41:42

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seems that this summer has been relatively quiet for old' linkify. ;) Nice to see that Twitch no longer embeds natively due to reasons previously mentioned by other players.

In other places of the RS-social-verse, seems you can't provide a legitimate link to the RS site without at least one person claiming that said link is fishy. :(

Same thing, a little plug 'ere for work between fansites (mostly RuneApps):
• Thread: Adventurer's Log 3D Viewer UI
• RSW: http://rs.wikia.com/wiki/RS:AL3D
• Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/3elmzg/adventurers_log_3d_viewer_ui_by_runeapps/

26-Jul-2015 02:14:02

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Ryan M :)

Yeah it's been quiet but I think that's largely due to me. I haven't been active on RS for some time now. Though I still check out the forums daily, my interests have been focused elsewhere.

I'm still maintaining Linkify and I will be adding more features. It's just I've slowed down and it's been really nice to do so. Linkify has proved to be stable (every time I say that something happens). I'm really happy with my current build. After all the time I have put in, it's nice to just let it run for a while.

So yep it's kind of quiet, and I brought that about. I feel the timing is right and it's all good. For the first time I feel like I'm using it, not testing it.

I'm glad to have got the twitch thing sorted, never been keen on the way they do things but I always try to keep my own personal bias out of Linkify.

I haven't encountered the claims of fishy or phishy links, but I haven't been spending time in the RS-social-verse. No fishy links in my universe :)

The Adventurer's Log 3D Viewer UI looks really nice! RuneApps has always produced high quality tools, awesome standards imo. Nice to see a collaboration between fansites. Looks like it would have been a fun project. Thanks for the links, I really like seeing stuff like this.

You take care and I hope all is well for you :)

26-Jul-2015 03:37:31

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi again Indy,

You're not the only one seeing less of the game as they used to. Although in my case I would say it has supplanted itself more into the Adventurer's Log for initially looking at the makings of the character viewer, passing them onto another administrator of the wiki and then he too turning over findings to other fansite administrators.

Though I think for testing in terms of what I do, I should get to making the script work properly in Firefox if Skillbert figures out why a given feature refuses to function period in it. Trying to please everyone isn't easy!

I would say that feeling like a end user is a much better feel after the hundreds or thousands of hours poured into making what Linkify has become today. :)

No more feature requests, very few avatar requests, must be awesome to be at that point.

I am doing very well. A vacation from the game, local life and most social activities for most of the beginning of the month felt good. It was as good as this 1935 Duesenberg SJ and the rest of their collection we saw in Illinois. :)

http://i.imgur.com/xNOAOLN.png

Until the next major update to Linkify, the forums, or related projects I wish to you, your project and all the users of it the best.

Cheers,
Ryan M

26-Jul-2015 08:15:43

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Can my title be removed pls ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

27-Jul-2015 15:57:15

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Ryan M said :
I am doing very well. A vacation from the game, local life and most social activities for most of the beginning of the month felt good. It was as good as this 1935 Duesenberg SJ and the rest of their collection we saw in Illinois. :)
Sounds like you are doing very well indeed. I've glad to hear it :)
Car looks beautiful btw!

Hevilmystic said :
-waves some more-
* waves back * :)

Was Zeus said :
Can my title be removed pls
Hiya Zeus,
Done! But it might take an hour or two, or three to update.

28-Jul-2015 04:10:53 - Last edited on 28-Jul-2015 04:11:40 by Indecent Act

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Indy, hope you're well :)

So I've been discussing some stuff with a friend. He believes Linkify isn't safe because you could perhaps inject code to the log in screen or something in order to record our keystrokes and steal our acc details, but I told him that Linkify doesn't have the permissions to run on the log in screen and then he said "How can you be so sure?", and then I couldn't answer because I checked Linkify's permissions and saw this
http://puu.sh/jg4gz.png

Log in screen is "secure.runescape.com" as well as the actual forums. I also noticed that "RS Linkify settings" appear on right click menu when browsing the forums but not on the log in screen, but that could easily be changed with a Linkify update to disappear/appear whenever.

So if both pages are under "secure.runescape.com", how can I be sure Linkify isn't running in the log in screen?

Please don't take this the wrong way because I trust you fully and I'll continue to use this amazing extension forever, but I feel like my argument against him is losing strength and I find myself unable to counter his.

28-Jul-2015 15:52:11 - Last edited on 28-Jul-2015 15:54:07 by Morgan

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Morgypie :)

I'm not getting the bit where you say the forums run on ht tps. After logging in the domain is services .runescape.com not secure .runescape.com.

Linkify doesn't run on secure pages, I have not given it permission to do so. If I change the permissions for the urls/domains, or any permission at all (something I have never done) Linkify wont update. You get message from chrome stating the permissions have changed and showing what the changes are. You can then either accept or decline.

The permissions I have set are very strict, this makes changing anything impossible without the user's consent. I can't 'sneak' in a change like that, and even if I could, I wouldn't.

The screenie you posted shows exactly this, that's the only domain Linkify is allowed to run on. If it said
ht tps://secure.runescape.com
then it could run on log in screens.

I'm not sure what else I can say, the source is not obfuscated, in fact quite the opposite. It's so heavily commented it's like a reading a story. Anyone can view it, and it's really not hard to read.

Aside from that, I'm very comfortable with the fact some people don't trust it. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

In fact I can say with all honesty from day one, I have never encouraged anyone at all to install Linkify. I rather people don't use it if they are not comfortable and I have no intention of trying to convince anyone they should use it.

I can't deny there is an element of trust (built up over many years) that all Linkify users have put in me. It's something I take very seriously and also something I cherish. I can't be any more open about what I do, as I hide nothing. I feel good about it, my Linkify family is happy and I am too :)

Continued on next page.

Edit: missing comma, lucky I wasn't writing code :)

28-Jul-2015 16:53:43 - Last edited on 28-Jul-2015 18:48:57 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top