Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Body btw said :
Indy .. *big sigh*.... you are wanted on another game forum I use. That place is a mess :'(

It is just begging for some linkify awesomeness.... It is actually much better than the RS forums by itself, but without some of the great pleasures Linkify offers :p

Aww one forum is enough (sometimes too much) for me.

Next game I take an interest in, will have to have forums and a website that are not stuck in the last century. From the little I've seen, I don't think I'll have too much trouble finding something that fits that criteria.

30-May-2015 14:17:26

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Next game I take an interest in, will have to have forums and a website that are not stuck in the last century. From the little I've seen, I don't think I'll have too much trouble finding something that fits that criteria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHvd0ks7Es

30-May-2015 14:46:23 - Last edited on 30-May-2015 14:48:04 by Klyntar

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Kable :)

Tbh I'm not even sure what that vid means, but everyone seems happy so that's good :)

I hope all is well for you.

Oh this is completely unrelated but I was browsing through this thread and I saw this post of yours, made me smile :)

Klyntar said :
Soccerdies said :
MichaeISword said :
Is this you trollin Indy lol http://puu.sh/7fTkI.png

You are awesome Indy.

That is all. Carry on.

I was wondering wth was going on when I saw this. I never thought for a second that it was from Linkify, linkify has become so much of a common use that I completely even forgot it wasn't part of the forums.

­­
Shh...
No one will know...
­­

These forums could do with some stirring up, I might have to think of something similar I can do :)

31-May-2015 12:17:54

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yea everything is good around here. The video is kind of like "ohh burnnnn" towards Jagex and these forums. I finally just quit logging into the game after a few years of just standing around not doing much, so I kind of lost the name Kable but the name no longer matters to me even though that's what basically everyone knows me by lol.

I think I said somewhere in the computer setup thread that I still like the offtopic section of the forums so I look in here from time to time. I think I traded one addiction for another, though. :S Admittedly it's not nearly as bad as logging into RS and just standing around for hours on end, but I have been playing COD AW completing challenges and stuff.

31-May-2015 12:46:54 - Last edited on 31-May-2015 17:28:51 by Klyntar

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

That's how I took the vid, but I thought I best make sure I wasn't missing something.

I know what you mean about not logging into the game. I've had long periods of inactivity. 80 days between logins is my longest stretch this year. Not a conscious decision, just haven't been compelled to log in.

Yeah Off Topic isn't a bad section tbh.

Ironically it's one of the few places where threads stay On Topic!

Anyway, glad is all well for you, and happy shooting in COD :)

31-May-2015 13:34:38

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Indy, good day and hope you're doing well ­<3

I think Jagex failed YET AGAIN at those hide/unhide section arrows. They only persist as long as you keep your browser open. Once you close and reopen it, the arrow settings get reset and you gotta rehide everything again -_-

Just thought I'd let you know :(

31-May-2015 16:04:51 - Last edited on 31-May-2015 16:06:52 by Morgan

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Morgypie :)

Thanks for me letting me know. I did notice some inconsistencies after I removed my code that remembered their last state. At the time I was working on Froud's last suggestion and put it down to that.

It will be easy to re-implement the code I used. But first I want to reproduce what you describe without Linkify running. I'll post again when I have some results :)

31-May-2015 18:13:46

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Okay I have done some testing without Linkify running.

- Changes to open/close states are not always honoured within a single session.

- Seems changes are not honoured after a session expires.

- Sometimes closing browser and re-opening wipes your last configuration.

- Sometimes closing a tab and re-opening wipes your last configuration.

- Logging out seems to wipe out your configuration.

I expect most of this, if not all of this comes down the fact our open/close configuration is saved in a non-persistent cookie.

I prefer the local storage method since that's one less http request and isn't lost if cookies are deleted or expire.

So it looks like I'll undo the undo and redo it to include my last update too.

Ah the beauty of that is in it's simplicity, well it makes sense to me!

It's hard to type while laughing, thank again for raising this Morgypie.

Oh, I saw your tweets regarding this after the update. Looks like you were correct from the very beginning and I'm not in the slightest bit surprised at that! Your bug reports are always explained clearly and based on sound observations.

Shame the people that code these pages will never know.

Anyway time for a cuppa and code :)

31-May-2015 18:56:04 - Last edited on 31-May-2015 19:01:36 by Indecent Act

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You know what's weird? I think it works as intended on IE11 (I close and reopen and it remembers its state). Wouldn't surprise me if Jagex worked on a IE-based platform -_-

Anyway, thanks again, Indy ­<3! Great work!

31-May-2015 19:00:02 - Last edited on 31-May-2015 19:00:52 by Morgan

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top