RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Lust
Feb Member 2012

Lust

Posts: 17,455 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Hey Indy

So they added these new arrows to hide sections http://puu.sh/i4PJz.png and it's so dumb because they don't persist if you refresh the page, so they're useless.

*sigh*

Noticed that as well D:

Hi lbody, Haven't seen you in a while :O
help.

29-May-2015 16:25:41

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lust said :
Morgan said :
Hey Indy

So they added these new arrows to hide sections http://puu.sh/i4PJz.png and it's so dumb because they don't persist if you refresh the page, so they're useless.

*sigh*

Noticed that as well D:

Hi lbody, Haven't seen you in a while :O

Hi Morgypie and Lust :)

Yep I noticed it too. Funny thing though, they appeared before the forum maintenance. That got me a little hopeful that the update that followed might might make them stick. It's not to be however.

I have just now (literally as I'm typing this post) had a look the page and it seems that it will be easy to make them persist. Easier than the pre-reskin anyway. That kind of raises the question of why they didn't do it this time around, but perhaps it's best not to think about that.

Over the next couple of days I'll play around with a making a permanent solution. It's something I would have liked to have done before. But that old page was problematic and I avoided doing it for fear of compounding issues in a page that was iffy to start with.

Can't make any promises, but my brief glance over the source makes me think it shouldn't be a problem to have it remember the open/close state of each section :)

29-May-2015 16:53:43

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks Morgan :)

Looks like I'll undo that update.

I thought their code looked silly in that they didn't have something so simple sorted.

"yeh we didnt cachebust it properly to begin with"

I should have known better I guess. But It still wasn't right after forum maintenance that followed the forum update. Anyway no harm done :)

30-May-2015 04:32:42 - Last edited on 30-May-2015 04:33:21 by Indecent Act

Froud
Aug Member 2010

Froud

Posts: 17,915 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indy, is there a way to contain the "collapse" feature to just the title of the forum... or at least have it triggered by the arrow? At the moment, it stretches all across the board (from the title of the thing to the "latest/last post" section.

I often find myself misclicking and collapsing the place I want to keep open.

30-May-2015 05:15:51

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Froud,

To do this requires the reshuffling of quite a few elements on the page as well as resizing and moving things around. However I have a work around that is much more gentle.

It does have some limitations, but I think it's worth a look. I have simply made this area
http://i.imgur.com/0bjWone.png
not clickable.

Updating to Version 3.1.8.40 will allow you to give it a try :)

30-May-2015 08:03:55 - Last edited on 30-May-2015 15:52:51 by Indecent Act

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indy .. *big sigh*.... you are wanted on another game forum I use. That place is a mess :'(

It is just begging for some linkify awesomeness.... It is actually much better than the RS forums by itself, but without some of the great pleasures Linkify offers :p
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

30-May-2015 10:35:07

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top