Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ziksy said :
OK, I was messing with my CustomAvatar abit, and now I can't get it to work.
I enter Avatar code, Save my changes, but it will still not show my custom avatar.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks Indy, appreciate it.

Edit: Avatar is back working :O

Not sure, how, but thanks :)
That's been happening a bit, my apologies for that.

I've been making changes to linkify's storage routines and it's virtually impossible to do it seamlessly. The fact I forgot to include some bits (was in a panic after last night's forum changes) didn't help matters :/

But the upside is big improvements for how settings are managed. I'd like to say the worst of it is over, but as soon as I say that something pops up to punish me. So I'm just leaving it alone for now and I'll see how things go :)

01-May-2015 14:07:20 - Last edited on 01-May-2015 14:08:03 by Indecent Act

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
G'day Indy!

There seems to be a glitch with forum rank icons with Linkify enabled. Here's a comparison:

Linkify disabled
HTTP://puu.sh/hxAfJ.png

Linkify enabled
HTTP://puu.sh/hxAh2.png

It happens with all the ranks too, but opal seems to be the most noticeable. Others have a tiny out of place outline like this:

Linkify disabled
HTTP://puu.sh/hxAmr.png

Linkify enabled
HTTP://puu.sh/hxAnk.png

I hope it's not intentional because it looks bad :(

blah blah I'm slow. It's actually the log in feature!

01-May-2015 16:42:06 - Last edited on 02-May-2015 02:43:27 by Morgan

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
G'day Indy!

There seems to be a glitch with forum rank icons with Linkify enabled. Here's a comparison:

Linkify disabled
http://puu.sh/hxAfJ.png

Linkify enabled
http://puu.sh/hxAh2.png

It happens with all the ranks too, but opal seems to be the most noticeable. Others have a tiny out of place outline like this:

Linkify disabled
http://puu.sh/hxAmr.png

Linkify enabled
http://puu.sh/hxAnk.png

I hope it's not intentional because it looks bad :(

Looks like it's online/offline feature by Linkify.

02-May-2015 02:39:24

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Yeah I did the online status in one of the many small updates yesterday.

I don't want to add more elements so I went with a colour indicator and mouse over text. I'd rather tweak the colours than add more text. For example I was thinking the red could be removed entirely, no colour = offline, and just keep the green for online.

I don't really like the pop up thing. Actually I don't like the content. The avatar is a link to alog and always has been. Name is link to profile and always have been. Now we have doubled up on links and put them almost on top of each other.

Mouse over the link that will take you to where you want to go, but don't click it. Pop up opens and there's the same link. The only thing is the posts by user and I was going to remove mine but I think my one is more convenient.

So I'm thinking I'm thinking about improving it, so you can enter any name you want eliminating the need to find the user. Example search this thread for Blasty, or search this thread for Mod Lee (he's posted once I think).

Ryan M said :
So the post badges when live and we changed a few things getting there:
• Dragon is now Opal (eww)
• Dragonstone, Onyx and Hydrix are now higher than Diamond

Goodness.

Yeah I saw the image sprite for them, tbh I'm not very interested in the whole deal. When I see a high post count, the last thing I think of is helpful player or quality posts. All that comes to mind is lots of single word posts or single short sentences that have no real re-readable value. This will be (or is) the stereotype of high post count, and it's not far wrong.

I see lots of threads on these forums. I visit every section I can access. I think I spend way more time on these forums than most people. I have at times collected data and even without that I can see trends and changes here. Already seeing small changes, though it's too early to draw conclusions.

02-May-2015 04:47:01 - Last edited on 02-May-2015 06:22:32 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Lifer (and everyone else too).

As I said the other day I'll get back to you about that animate gif you posted with the lack of rendering. This wont change anything as I still don't know the cause. But this update might help with troubleshooting.

For those running RS Linkify Version 3.1.8.24 and are interested in nerdy stats I am now shipping some of my testing tools in the public versions of linkify.

This is what I use for monitoring basic stuff relating to these pages, see load and response times, memory usage, paint/re-draw operations, linkify data, and general stuff like that.

So if anyone is curious about what goes on behind the scenes of both Linkify and your browser, or if you just likes stats. Or are having issues (they don't have to be linkify specific), such as browser issues, latency issues, Internet problems, etc. Then the RS Linkify Console might be worth a look.

It's easy to turn on and off, just click this link in your extensions page.
http://puu.sh/gQ9H8.png
Copy and paste this blue text
linkifyConsole(true)
into the console and hit enter. The next forum page you load will have stats and data on the right of the screen.

See here for detailed instructions and how to turn it off :)

02-May-2015 14:11:11

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top