Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Hmm... would it be possible to temporarily (or permanently if a solution isn't found) disable whatever is causing to override browser tab behaviour? Whenever I close a tab, no matter its position, it takes me back to the very first tab and it can get a bit annoying. (It's also worth mentioning it's not only limited to the RuneScape website, it happens wherever).

In short, if you could please revert and bring it back to how it natively works, that'd be awesome :)

EDIT: sometimes it takes me to the second tab as well. It's hard to predict, it's almost arbitrary. It's not consistent :(

Oh god I just noticed this... That's annoying.

I usually press 'close all tabs to the right' so D:
Unslain Bosses - Clan

04-Jul-2014 19:12:12

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You Pick It said :
I always thought that Linkify updated itself automatically

How does one go about getting the latest version? :o

Indecent Act said :
­­ Updating the Extension ­­

It should auto update but it can take a few hours, just depends when google refresh it. So if you're keen to update ASAP you can do a manual update with just four clicks shown here....
http://puu.sh/2To9U.png

i

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

04-Jul-2014 19:16:52

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Morgan and Rowley, are you using the 64 beta version of chrome?

Is the tab on the left the previous tab you had in focus?

For example open four empty tabs, click on the 3rd tab. Then close the fourth tab. Does that take you back to the first? or the third tab?

@You pick it,it updates automatically but not instantly after I do an update. It can take a few hours before the browser checks all your add ons for updates.

04-Jul-2014 22:01:27 - Last edited on 04-Jul-2014 22:18:54 by Indecent Act

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
@Morgan and Rowley, are you using the 64 beta version of chrome?
Nope :)

Btw, silly suggestion here, but would it be possible to make the transition from normal background to transparent smooth in lightboxes? Like... when you hit Windows Key + Tab. That kind of smooth. Don't know how to explain it, but it'd look so much better!

04-Jul-2014 22:15:57

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
^wow fast reply, sec lemme work on the first thing :)

last question about tabs...

Can you open four empty tabs, click on the 3rd tab. Then close the fourth tab. Does that take you back to the first? or the third tab?
Takes me back to the first tab., sometimes second.

It's unpredictable.

I'd say just remove that please :( Don't waste your time trying to fix it because even the "benefits" it provides are very negligible.

04-Jul-2014 22:44:49

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Edit: Okay thanks Rowley for confirming the tab thing is working, now I'll explain.

What the tabs are doing is restoring focus to your previously focused tab when closing one. This isn't chromes default behaviour it's RS Linkify.

I did this because in cases where there are multiple tabs open, when opening image in new tab (from a thread) and then closing image means you often don't go back to tab containing the forum thread you were on. Chrome defaults to the adjacent tab not your previous tab.

So if it snaps back to the left it's because that's where you were before opening and and closing a new tab.

My thinking was opening a pic in a new tab doesn't mean you don't want to return to the tread when the pic is closed. However I can understand this may not be desirable in all cases so I'll revert back to chrome's defaults in a update after I've had a coffee :)

04-Jul-2014 22:53:30

Soef

Soef

Posts: 434 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Indecent Act,

I just downloaded the extention and i really love it!
You did a very good job :)

I saw the part about custom avatars :O
Would it be possible to have this logo as avatar?
http://puu.sh/9X48w/03db0fe639.png

Thanks in advance, Soef

04-Jul-2014 23:16:44

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top