Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm aware custom avatars are broken.

I have a feeling it's because the qfc pointed to my original thread, and it may have slipped off page 50, thus rendering the qfc null. I'll look into it asap.

Oh I see someone discovered the mini avatars. Currently just texting them out, they will only display on this thread for now.

­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

26-Sep-2013 03:24:11

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hiya Rowley :)

Gallery is least of my concerns, just chill and take it easy. I'm hoping to eventually make some improvements to gallery, but for now I have got enough to do with custom avatars not working.

And a good morning to you too ­<3

26-Sep-2013 03:47:55

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Original message details are unavailable.
Original message details are unavailable.
Oh I see someone discovered the mini avatars. Currently just texting them out, they will only display on this thread for now.

I love them also :D

~~~Zaros is the way Forward~~~

I have to improve quoting before I can go much further with the mini avatars. My main area of concern is selected text quoting. What I have to do is get the avatar that pertains to the text selection (not fun).

But I also have to do something else (that I've wanted to so for sometime). That is to make text selection in nested quotes point to the person that has been quoted.

If I text select 'I love them also :D ' from Keighlea's quote in this post, it'll say 'Indecent Act said', it should say 'Keighlea siad'.

As you can expect with mini avatars working in all forms of quotes, text selection has to get the right avatar, and also get the target who was quoted, else it simply makes no sense. So the end result from mini avatars will actually be more intuitive quoting.

It's a like a puzzle nightmare trying to work it all out though. And now custom avatars have broken, it's like omg I don't work this hard at work lol.

26-Sep-2013 04:02:03 - Last edited on 26-Sep-2013 04:08:57 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

­Update:  2.0.2.7

­Custom Avatars should now be working again. The problem was the avatar code was being transformed into a '#' by the forums because  the qfc code no longer exists.

This update will change your saved avatar code to a new one, and RS-Linkify will attempt to extrapolate your old code when it sees posts that once contained your original code. Not easy to do since they are destroyed, but I think covered most posts.

I will eventually remove the routine that looks for old codes, when that happens your default avatar will display on old posts, unless you edit those posts and update the code.

My apologies for the avatar problems, I had actually tested to ensure this wouldn't happen, but over time small changes have been made to the forums and things I tested become irrelevant.

­­­

26-Sep-2013 06:29:03

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Wakko C R, are you using version 2.0.2.7 ?

Edit:
To check your version...
Options --> Updates

Should look like this.
RS - Linkify has updated to version 2.0.2.7 and....

Edit 2: I can tell from your screenie the avatar code is the old one so I suspect you haven't got the latest update yet.

Try following the instructions here to hurry along the auto update.

­­­

26-Sep-2013 06:57:27 - Last edited on 26-Sep-2013 07:06:11 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top