Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hiya Amaethwr :)

It's always a pleasure to get a visit from runescape's finest farmer :)

Don't think you've missed anything much at all. Been holding off on a few things while waiting for the forum re-skin. So updates have been and will be minimal for a while. Anything I do now just adds to the list of stuff that will be broken.

My name change has been recent. Not really liking the change, it but it's something I agreed to do, so I'm going to see how it goes.

Hope all is well for you :)

­coffee

05-Mar-2015 17:46:51

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aww :) Had ups and downs like any other person, but generally I'm not too bad, thanks

And fair enough :P Makes sense to hold back, I suppose. Any ETA on the forum re-skin, or you having to wait indefinitely?
Selective Completionist

05-Mar-2015 18:14:02

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

I have no idea and I can't even begin to guess a re-skin ETA.

It looks as though it's progressing quite well, but they are at a stage where they are getting feedback and that can add lots of time to the development process.

I'm hoping to get a heads up just before it's ready so I can prepare. Though there isn't a lot a can do to because I really need to see the new pages in action.

My main concern is I want linkify to abort gracefully when the re-skin goes live. It could be 8-10 hours before I'm aware things have changed, so it's important linkify doesn't run during that time. Thanks to some ideas from Blasty and Ryan M, I have something in place that should take care of that :)

05-Mar-2015 18:50:07

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Some updates kind of sneak up on you, I know that one has for a few people.

I don't think there are many users (maybe none) that know every little feature of Linkify. I guess that's a bad reflection on my part. I hope that will change when I write a manual for Linkify.

Life, the Universe and Linkify .

09-Mar-2015 01:02:31

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top