Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Hmmm, does anyone know if the forums just got a rollback?

I was just about to reply to post (or at least I thought I was). When I went to submit my reply, forum maintenance kicked in.

Now the forums are back and I can't see the post. I don't know if I've totally lost the plot or not.

Yes... Yes they did.... I thought I was losing my mind so I hit the back button until I found the post that I made lol ;_; that was some crazy deja-vu stuff or something xD

proof:

http://gyazo.com/b3c4368cdbf8ec3c31a378296bd5b156

Indecent Act said :
Anyway titles have been a pain for me, so that's one less thing for me to think about

We thank you very much for doing it before jagex had the chance to set up something 'official' on the forums themselves. I'm very glad this will put less of a hassle on you :)

RL Idea:17542
EP: 92-93-568-65222791
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

19-Feb-2015 09:46:23 - Last edited on 19-Feb-2015 09:54:53 by Body btw

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ That's the post I saw!

So I'm not losing it, or if I am losing it at least I'm not seeing things.

Strange it rolled back though. I don't ever recall seeing that happen before and I've been interrupted many times due to forum maintenance.

Oh I was going to sign it btw :)

19-Feb-2015 10:12:04

Sotox
Dec Member 2022

Sotox

Posts: 3,038 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Wow that looks like a microsoft language, like visual basic. I'm guessing ASP?

That would explain so much regarding the lack of performance with these pages, this suggests the forums are running on windoze?

Just for a record, asp aplications run faster than php ones

19-Feb-2015 16:48:32

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes you're probable right there, tbh I don't know, but I was more referring the OS.

I have had very little to do with windows servers (had one for a short time and didn't like it), but I believe Linux leads the way with stability, performance and uptime.

Probably same regarding IO too, but that's less relevant since bandwidth and hardware will be the final determining factors.

My main point was these forums are slow, unstable, with highish downtime and surprise surprise, looks like a windows OS, assuming that's asp.net.

19-Feb-2015 17:08:58

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top