Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nice work on the phat Lust, and ty as always :)

­­­­Saint Maria­­ http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10671.png ­­10671­­­­

I thought that title might be too long, but I think it's okay :)

Go to Settings --> Miscellaneous --> Refresh Titles.

Keighlea said :
I was asleep! Don't blame meee!! :P

Well someone's to blame and it's not Rowley, and it's not me. If it's not you then we need to find someone to blame, and then hopefully punish.

18-Feb-2015 14:36:54

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh, quick aesthetic suggestion:

Can you move RSNs that have suffix titles up a little bit? As of late, the suffix title is almost overlapping with the avatar, and it looks really bad

Pic of what I mean:

HTTP://i.imgur.com/cwUllVx.png

Edit: In fact, you could probably get away with moving avatars down a little bit instead.

From every angle and curve, to every entangling swerve; it's all about handling nerve
Unslain Bosses - Clan

18-Feb-2015 14:45:45 - Last edited on 18-Feb-2015 14:46:39 by Hevilmystic

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Oh Ryan M, I guess you may have done this already but I thought I'd post anyway.

Regarding the bightness transition on avatar hover, and the green text in sig.

I couldn't figure out why the text was fading in and out so I just copy and pasted the whole lot into an empty html document on my site and it's seems fine.

http://www.indecentcode.com/test/forum.html

I cant be sure but, maybe it's related to scratchpad?

As you may have guessed, I have been making use of your work :)

The fading in and out happens on JSFiddle as well. My guess is it's a Chrome bug that is triggered by something used on both of those sites.

One thing I should note is that I'm not sure if titles are meant for the Suffix tag or Prename tag since the Prename tag lacks styling currently in Main.css. In either case, there are still missing styles for a few things (like Quotes, preview, thread view). It's awesome that it has helped though with the guesswork required. :)

Unrelated to Linkify is that, lately for myself, it seems that the entirety of the site has been buggy as it has not wanted to load at all more than half the time. From at the earliest of 6am to as late as 11pm Central US this happens. -still trying to see if it's just Chrome on Desktop being a nuisance or if it affects other things-

18-Feb-2015 15:58:20

Ryan M
May Member 2008

Ryan M

Posts: 3,095 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Figured you might enjoy this oddity that Zeus stumbled upon when posting.
Original message details are unavailable.
Private Sub dataGridView1_CellValidating(ByVal sender As Object, _
ByVal e As _
DataGridViewCellValidatingEventArgs) _
Handles dataGridView1.CellValidating

Dim column As DataGridViewColumn = _
dataGridView1.Columns(e.ColumnIndex)

If column.Name = "Post" Then
CheckPost(e)
ElseIf column.Name = "Thread" Then
CheckDate(e)
End If
End Sub

Private Shared Sub CheckPost(ByVal newValue As DataGridViewCellValidatingEventArgs)
If String.IsNullOrEmpty(newValue.FormattedValue.ToString()) Then
NotifyUserAndForceRedo("Please enter a Post", newValue)
ElseIf Not Integer.TryParse( _
newValue.FormattedValue.ToString(), New Integer()) Then
NotifyUserAndForceRedo("A Post must be a character", newValue)
ElseIf Integer.Parse(newValue.FormattedValue.ToString()) < 1 Then
NotifyUserAndForceRedo("Not a valid Post", newValue)
End If
End Sub

Private Shared Sub NotifyUserAndForceRedo(ByVal errorMessage As String, ByVal newValue As DataGridViewCellValidatingEventArgs)
MessageBox.Show(errorMessage)
newValue.Cancel = True
End Sub

Private Sub CheckDate(ByVal newValue As DataGridViewCellValidatingEventArgs)
Try
DateTime.Parse(newValue.FormattedValue.ToString()).ToLongDateString()
AnnotateCell(String.Empty, newValue)
Catch ex As FormatException
AnnotateCell("You did not enter a valid post.", newValue)
End Try
End Sub

Private Sub AnnotateCell(ByVal errorMessage As String, _
ByVal editEvent As DataGridViewCellValidatingEventArgs)

Dim cell As DataGridViewCell = _
dataGridView1.Rows(editEvent.RowIndex).Cells( _
editEvent.ColumnIndex)
cell.ErrorText = errorMessage

18-Feb-2015 22:31:34

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow that looks like a microsoft language, like visual basic. I'm guessing ASP?

That would explain so much regarding the lack of performance with these pages, this suggests the forums are running on windoze?

Edit:

Ryan M said :
Unrelated to Linkify is that, lately for myself, it seems that the entirety of the site has been buggy as it has not wanted to load at all more than half the time. From at the earliest of 6am to as late as 11pm Central US this happens. -still trying to see if it's just Chrome on Desktop being a nuisance or if it affects other things-

Yep I've noticed this too and not just with chrome. I just assumed there have been small changes made recently, gearing up for the re-skin. It's not just a front end update since they are adding signatures and a text spoiler.

Seen some odd stuff in firefox a few days ago, css styles were applied long after (15 seconds) the page was interactive. Not even sure how that's possible.

Anyway it's not just you, the fact the forums have on one occasion, posted it's own source code, could be seen as indication that there is a major back end issue.

I don't know what's going on with something like that, but I wonder how long it'll be before we can send instructions to the server from our posts.

Unrelated but I'm happy about it.
Original message details are unavailable.
In other news - last night we (Mod Shadow and I - mostly him) fixed the titles so we now pull whether or not the title is a prefix or suffix and then position it accordingly. Booo yah!!!

I like the Booo yah bit, since he said it can't be done, and it was players who showed otherwise with working code examples.

Anyway titles have been a pain for me, so that's one less thing for me to think about :)

19-Feb-2015 01:43:37 - Last edited on 19-Feb-2015 03:19:38 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top