Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indy,

Would it be possible to add "OSRS hiscores" option for when you right-click people's avatars? I know you don't have this feature on your website yet, but you could perhaps use Jagex's for the time being :)

Thanks!

16-Jan-2015 11:47:41

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks Morgypie for giving my main account name to Blasty :)

Tbh I had never even given the other hiscores any thought. Back when I added the link the hiscores were so much simpler, no oldshool,  ironman, and seasonal.

I should do something about it. I'm going to get rid of the old school skill calcs and replace that space with ranks, like it is for my RS3 hiscores. So I will be able to link directly to a complete hiscores.

16-Jan-2015 12:48:57

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

I'm not sure how I'll do the hiscores links just yet.

If add to the menu, people will want HC ironman, and ironman added too.

I don't want a cluttered menu, and I have to consider that in the future I will want more linkify options added to the right click menu.

I'd rather make the hiscores landing page have fast, easy navigation to the other hiscores and keep the clutter away from linkify.

Funny thing, originally I didn't tell anyone about the hiscores link from avatars, I had it there for months and no one knew. That was early linkify days and I didn't know what people wanted or what features would be popular.

It turns out it gets quite a bit of use. Such a simple thing, and to this day I'm still baffled as to why there is no official link between the players (avatars) on forums and the hiscores.

Even though I don't yet know what way I'll go, I will make access to various hiscores better simply because it's needed and it will get plenty of use.

16-Jan-2015 13:41:14 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2015 13:43:23 by Indecent Act

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kakamile said :
Does hlf poll still even work?

"Create" button links to page for me on three browsers instead of loading javascript. Clicking create basically resets poll

Sometimes won't let you load 3rd question.

Hey Kakamile, I've tried making 3 test polls and noticed what I think you mean in the first poll but the next two were fine. Pressing the create button on the first poll led to the home page whereas it led to the correct poll for the other two. It's been a while since I've made any changes to it and I didn't have a close look at it just now so there's a wide number of things that could be causing that to happen.

My interests have shifted away from working on coding projects so I don't think it's likely I'll have a much closer look into fixing it soon. I hope people can understand.

If the problem is quite bothersome I'm more than happy to let Indy look into using strawpoll as the main way to integrate polls into the forums.

I had a lot fun learning about everything that led me to get so far with that project and that's what I wanted to take out of it.

I want Linkify to continue making the foruming experience more pleasant so if you think integrating strawpoll or any other online embedded poll service is a better alternative then don't be afraid to let Indy know!

And here's a ­coffee to show my appreciation for the work gone into Linkify :)

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ .:
Blasty
the Blue
:.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

16-Jan-2015 13:47:15 - Last edited on 16-Jan-2015 13:59:50 by Blasty

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks Blasty,

I appreciate you looking into it and I understand only too well what you are saying. What you have contributed has been not only been generous but also fine work.

No matter what happens with the polls there is always a place here for you, with or without your coding skills.

I won't make any rushed decisions about the polls, and if eventually I do use a different system, all that will mean to me is yours are on hold. Indefinitely or not, it doesn't matter.

I can't thank you enough for all the work you have put into the polls, and I'm proud to have your work associated with RS Linkify :)

16-Jan-2015 14:06:40

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top