Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
I don't know of a standardised measurement of Linkify Power.

And even there was one, Never underpowered is not representative of a definitive measure of Power. If anything it suggests nothing more than a minimum value that it never falls below. The maximum value is not inferred.

Over powered is in a similar boat.

In theory both can be overpowered and at the same time both can not be under powered.

I call this phenomenon Schrodinger's Linkify Overpower Paradox or S.L.O.P.

Using SLOP's Law we can explain ...

The true power can't be determined until it's taken out of the box, but when it's measured, the quantum state changes, making comparisons impossible since observations change the outcome.

Therefore simultaneously, both are never underpowered and both have the potential to be overpowered at the same time.

Hope this helps :)

ALL the Zaros power though :)

(and ­coffee)

The Purple Sorceress
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

13-Jan-2015 23:15:37

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Body btw said :
Indy -hugs- is it possible to center a spoiler? I tried and it doesn't work. If not, is that something hard to implement?

If you mean the image and not the button then that may be possible. I'll need to check a few things before I can be sure though.

If you mean the button, that would also be possible but again I need to check a few things first.

The image using your center feature, yes. Thanks for responding :) I'm not sure if it's something others want but I just figured it would work, since there's a center option, though I understand why it doesn't work.

Maybe you could get it to center? Idk :p thanks, was just wondering

EDIT: Wait a minute :o I think I mean both lol... just reread what you said

basically I'd like to center a spoiler like this: and then be able to open it =)
­­[pretend spoiler]­­
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

14-Jan-2015 05:31:22 - Last edited on 14-Jan-2015 12:12:56 by Body btw

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Keighlea said :
ALL the Zaros power though :)

Well we can't dispute Zaros has power, but it's all relative.

If we wish to make comparisons you may end up disappointed.

N.O.O.B.Z Law (Nothing Overly Outstanding Bestows Zaros) has yet to be disproved. Ironically most arguments against it, actually strengthen it.

It's a bit like Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, only in this case we can know if a power is greater or lesser, but we can't know what one it is.

As everyone knows, knowing and not knowing can simply be achieved by creating a macroscopic example of quantum superposition, and this exactly what happens when making comparisons with Zaros. We know the possible outcome of all the scenarios and we know one of them is right. All the conditions for quantum superposition have been met, and the outcome exists simultaneously in all its multiple mutually exclusive states.

Thus simply asking the question or even making a remark about Zaros's power, means you are forever in a state of epistemic ambivalence.

And of course also reaffirms NOOBZ Law.

14-Jan-2015 12:37:43

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Is there a way to force an image to not be embedded at all?

You can prevent links you post from embedding.

h[b][/b]ttp

By breaking up the http prefix with an empty tag

h ttp://i.imgur.com/Cr6VUh5.png

Edit: also imgur links have another advantage, omitting the file extension means it will be clickable but not embed.

http://i.imgur.com/Cr6VUh5

14-Jan-2015 12:40:55 - Last edited on 14-Jan-2015 12:54:02 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top