Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^Happy new year to you too :)

Edit: That was for Amaethwr, but it can be for everyone :)

Morgan said :
Yea, don't worry too much about it. It DOES sound like it's too hassly :(

Thanks for the detailed reply though!

*gives hot choccy*

I've done quite a bit on it today. I've managed to make it so when quoting someone who is sig blocked, the sig wont get quoted. Was kind of tricky (for so many reasons) but I think it's working quite well.

However there are going to be limitations, for example quoting nested quotes that somewhere have a sig you want to be blocked will still quote the sig. Tbh that's not a bad thing in some ways, because when quoted and re-posted linkify would actually be censoring someone else's post within the nest of quotes. So I'm okay with not touching that.

However I am working on making sigs in nested quotes not visible if blocked, that way your preferences only pertain to you and are no one else is subjected to your censoring the sigs.

And finally, I have an interface partly made to configure sig blocking. Hopefully in a few days I'll push out a test version for people to try, so I can gather feedback and weed out any issues that arise.

Depending on how that goes, will determine if I go ahead with this. So again I'm not making any promises, but I'd like to get it done because I've put a lot of time into this. Been working on the idea for months and it would be a shame for it to go to waste.

I'm not sure when I'll get test version out, but if all goes well it'll be soon. I'm taking a break from it for today, need to do a little Runescaping :)

(damn session ended been on forums all day testing stuff, saved by the restore last post!)

­­­­

@Ziksy, It's very easy, just post a link to the image you'd like for an avatar and I'll upload it and step you though configuring the settings.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions, or offer suggestions too :)

04-Jan-2015 07:41:39 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2015 07:50:23 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ziksy said :
Can I change my title please, if that's possible:

Forum Addict
Ziksy

Thanks for all features and such, I'm impressed how much work was put into these and how this is still strong in expanding, getting better and making our Forum time more enjoyable and easier :)

Cheers.

Done!

Go to Settings --> Miscellaneous --> Refresh Titles and you should be good to go :)

­­­­

Ziksy said :
Is there an option to add Online/Offline button for each user?

Data unavailable. ~Zik

No there isn't any Online/Offline features at all.

It's a bit of privacy issue but aside from that, there is absolutely no communication between users via Linkify. So your version of Linkify cant tell my version what your online status is.

I've been thinking about this as I type, and it occurs to me that online status can pertain to two things, either the game or the forums. So I'm not sure what one you are referring to. Between the two, the limitations differ but privacy issues are the same.

It's nice idea, and I'll put some more though into it. I'm happy to discuss it further, but I have a feeling the limitations/issues I mentioned will prevent me from developing this.

Edit: I just realised I'm not talking to two different people. Those different avatars! :)

04-Jan-2015 12:31:17 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2015 12:32:37 by Indecent Act

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Online info is publicly available on the clan page as shown here.
http://puu.sh/e3VQn.png

(Oh, he was referring to forums online status... no, I don't think that's publicly available anywhere so no support.). Although I'd support an in-game online status button for players such as the one we have for clan pages. Is this doable?

04-Jan-2015 16:19:16 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2015 16:22:28 by Morgan

Ziksy
Oct Member 2012

Ziksy

Posts: 13,420 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
The Online info is publicly available on the clan page as shown here.
http://puu.sh/e3VQn.png

(Oh, he was referring to forums online status... no, I don't think that's publicly available anywhere so no support.). Although I'd support an in-game online status button for players such as the one we have for clan pages. Is this doable?

Yes I know about that, although that's abit out of hand to reach if you're browsing on forums.
Ingame status works too to be honest.

Data unavailable. ~Zik

Red
Yellow
Green

04-Jan-2015 18:15:45 - Last edited on 04-Jan-2015 18:24:20 by Ziksy

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't think it's "out of hand". Linkify already reaches clan info, I don't see how different that would be.

Aw... Now I really want this as a feature :P Would be nice to know if someone's online straight from the forums instead of having to go to clan page!

Hope Indy agrees :D

04-Jan-2015 18:27:18

Gleam

Gleam

Posts: 5,386 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
I don't think it's "out of hand". Linkify already reaches clan info, I don't see how different that would be.

Aw... Now I really want this as a feature :P Would be nice to know if someone's online straight from the forums instead of having to go to clan page!

Hope Indy agrees :D

Good idea :o
I hate rs

04-Jan-2015 19:09:07

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top