Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Is it possible I could have the prefix "#ForzaJules"?

Not only is it possible, you can even have unicode symbols in titles.

like these http://unicodeemoticons.com/cool_text_icons_and_pictures.htm

I like this site but it's a bit overkill for browsing. http://unicode-table.com/en/

http://puu.sh/c1pvG.png
^
Example of what I mean.

Your new title is ready to go too :)

06-Oct-2014 09:20:23 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2014 09:24:40 by Indecent Act

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You are wonderful Indy!

Edit: Updated the avatar gallery too (and changed "Pink" to "Pinkified" - I think it has a nice ring to it and matches the word Linkify!)

<3 all of you pink people!

Edit v2: Not a suggestion, but something I am curious about:

How does Linkify know what is a heart emoticon, and what is a <3? I know the asterisk disappears, so I'm genuinely curious, and I have been for a while but I never got around to bugging you.

~ "What happened on track is secondary, one of us is in bad shape" - Adrian Sutil
Unslain Bosses - Clan

06-Oct-2014 10:00:40 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2014 10:14:40 by Hevilmystic

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
How does Linkify know what is a heart emoticon, and what is a <3? I know the asterisk disappears, so I'm genuinely curious, and I have been for a while but I never got around to bugging you.

Funny you should ask after my last post mentioned unicode characters. The asterisk is simply replaced with an invisible unicode character. Linkify sees it, we don't, and linkify then goes oh an invisible character, that means use the preceding text as instructions and do something.

The forums don't support many of these characters, but I found a couple that can be used. Also the original bubble/centre/font tags uses them and for a short time I have avatar code completely invisible using them.  However even though we don't see them, the sensor does, and depending on the text beforehand the censor can break them.

06-Oct-2014 12:29:20

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
Hey everyone,

Apologies I did not have time to read all the replies to this but most of this has been covered by others anyway

There are a few MOD only BB codes that we do not enable for everyone (this one included) as it does in its current format present a risk - all be it very low. We discussed what we would and would/not enable at some length. I do share you POV though that maybe we went too far disabling that one and maybe we should re-consider.

We'll give it some thought in the rebuild

Hmmm a new bbcode could mean more freedom to embed hidden information into posts.

I don't think the update will be coming any time soon though >.<

­­­­ .:
Blasty
the Blue
:.­­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

07-Oct-2014 14:19:44

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top