Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I quite like both ideas. Though as quite the experienced quoter, the latter is a little more useful personally..

Maybe one line instead of two lines for the first suggestion, but I think that's just a personal thing, I've never particularly liked more than necessary gaps. Either way though, I can see it being beneficial.

As for the second suggestion, could it perhaps work similar to the 'Restore Last Post' function? Maybe it could force restore the last post if the post wasn't submitted. It can be a little bit annoying sometimes with large threads *cough cough lounge..* when catching up say.. 10+ pages, and end up with a load of tabs being open at the same time to copy each quote from.

­support
Selective Completionist

06-Oct-2014 01:44:10

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You mean like this, Ama?
http://puu.sh/c12Ex.png

I wouldn't mind either way. Be it automatic or manual as long as the quotes get saved for me to use later on.

(Although I'd prefer automatic. Like... if I quoted Ama's post now then clicked on Page 576 the process would happen automatically and the quote from Page 575 would magically appear in the Add Quick Reply box in Page 576). But a "Restore Last Quote(s)" button in the context menu would also work.

06-Oct-2014 02:01:10 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2014 02:01:45 by Morgan

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Maybe I am just lazy and closing interfaces on RuneScape with 'ESC

I wouldn't say lazy for asking for a convenience. I can add escape to close the Quick QFC, It's just that I wasn't assuming miss clicks and I had to be sure ther wasn't some other problem in its operations. I just need to understand why before I can give an answer. Anyway I think the escape key is a better solution in this case.

Just a note regarding windows clipboard, it's not possible for javascript to write to your clip board. That's why the qfc has to be manually copied. This is a security thing and applies to both reading and writing. I can't write or read your clipboard and that's for good reason.

Web page copy to clipboard buttons are not javascript, they are actually a flash file. Flash has weaker security and can allow interaction with your OS without you knowing. I not saying flash is all evil (it is though) since it has it's uses and can be handy.

­­­­

@Morgypie,

I'm not sure about the first thing, you see I made quotes appear at your last cursor position so you can determine where they are placed. You can type out your text, click where you want the quote and then quote will be inserted at that very location. Adding two new lines in that case wont work well.

I often type out my entire post and add the quotes in after. Again I click where I want the quote and it's placed accordingly.

Quotes don't even stack by default, you get total control to where they stack, you can just hit enter after quoting and quote again to space them.

I'm not sure if adding to empty lines will be desirable in all cases and it'll mess up the intuitive quoting features I have worked so hard on. That's okay if the new benefits outweigh the old ones. If I'm understanding correctly, I don't think they will in this case.

As for your second idea, I need more coffee before I can reply to that :)

06-Oct-2014 02:37:17

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh yea, alright. I suppose the first idea isn't as "important". It was more of a convenience thing, but manually pressing enter after quoting is an acceptable workaround as well :P

*crosses fingers about the second idea*

06-Oct-2014 02:42:07

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top