Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Dsctatom said :
Is it intentional that it disables normal titles on people that don't have RSL titles?

Hmmm it never used to, I'll take a look at that now.

Okay that was hard to work out what was going on. I went to previous versions going back almost a year and the problem was still there. I was pretty sure I hadn't changed anything recently and that confirmed it.

But something has changed and it looks like the forum titles have some improvements made to them. I notice they are more persistent and less glitchy now. I know we had two forum updates recently so I'm hoping that's when this started happening.

RS Linkify version 3.1.3.3 will allow for non linkify titles and handle them correctly like it did once before. I'm still treating the titles as glitched, but I have found a way to call the player titles myself. This means I can handle suffix/prefix swapping as I always have done.

Google has made changes to extensions on the web store. I strongly recommend everyone makes sure they have the latest version of chrome before updating any extensions.

Thanks Dsctatom for making me aware of the titles. I was completely unaware they were no longer showing. Hopefully they'll be more stable with and without RS Linkify.

12-Sep-2014 07:01:45

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hevilmystic said :
There are sometimes when you deserve a massive hug Indy, and your post on the previous page is one of those times. ­<3

Big hugs right back you ­<3

I'm glad Dsctatom is on the ball and mentioned something. I hadn't noticed and I might not over noticed for quite a while. When I don't see titles I just assume it's the glitch doing it.

Looks like that old glitch may have been fixed now. Though I don't know how it looks with 32 bit chrome, I really need to test with both versions because there are some differences.

­­­­

Sureeeeeeeee said :
Indy hun, could you pretty please hook us up with title "I'm not" please. Thanks heaps

donating coffee

Coffee I'll always accept!

I'm pretty sure you know this but, Settings --> Miscellaneous --> Refresh Titles

­­­­

Singularity said :
Thanks Indy :D ­­

Your welcome :)

­­­­

Kakamile said :
Wings/etc I can cut out,
but what's the rule on making smoke/particles transparent? What tools do you recomment?

I used photoshop on the image on the previous page. But I think there are other editors that can achieve a good result. Something that supports layers is a must imo.

Making the existing smoke/particles transparent isn't something I can do. I find it's better/easier to cut around those bits and redraw my own smoke/particles. That way I can apply opacity as I draw. I should mention, I'm not good at photoshop and I just bumble may through.

I'll try to have a look at the pic #2 you posted later (when I have some time to kill). However I don't think I can improve much on my first effort.

Edit: see my next post.

­­­­

­­­­Toshiko­­ http://www.indecentcode.com/rslinkify_images/10523.png ­­10523­­­­

12-Sep-2014 17:59:25 - Last edited on 12-Sep-2014 22:45:37 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Yw Toshiko :)

­­­­

@mtx,

Here's my attempt using pic #2.

http://puu.sh/bwilW.png

I got fire looking nicer this time, also the shield has proper partial transparency, meaning you'll see the background through the shield.

Here's an example of what I mean with the shield (smoke isn't in gif, but smoke is in the final pic above). Here you can see the background is visible though the shield.

http://puu.sh/bwhgZ.gif

Tools I used was eraser at 50% opacity, magic wand (with anti aliasing) , new layer via cut (to work on smoke, particles, and fire), air brush for touching up, I made the edges of the flames using smudge tool, I also drew some shapes, circles and ovals and applied a glow effect to them and then laid them under parts of the image (That's what did for smoke and particles on cape). For the shield I cut it out as a new layer, I added yellow tones and increased the saturation then gave it 50% opacity. I think that's about it.

12-Sep-2014 20:51:48 - Last edited on 12-Sep-2014 23:39:36 by Indecent Act

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
I just got my first Araxxor kill :)
Indecent Act said :
I also got my 120 ­<3 cape
Congratz! :)

Indecent Act said :
The way I was going to solve that issue was to allow in-line editing so there is no need to load a new page to edit, and the same goes if you either apply or cancel your edit.
That way sounds pretty handy :)

Morgan said :
What then huhhuhuhuhu?!
Wow so tough :c

E: I came to say or ask something.. But it appears I distracted myself too much by catching up on the last few pages >.> Maybe it'll come back to me.
Selective Completionist

12-Sep-2014 20:59:05 - Last edited on 12-Sep-2014 21:00:08 by Amaethwr

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top