Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
I'd like to change my title to "Universe Of" Hardstylez

Done, just refresh titles and it should be there :)

Oh @ Rowley, I double checked the auto updating of titles and it's working fine. I haven't manually refreshed mine for a few days and recently added titles are showing.

I might decrease the duration from 24 hours to 6 or 8 hours though. Avatar gallery works off 6 hour intervals for retrieving your pastebin file, and that seems to work nicely.

24-Jul-2014 23:35:06

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Does the current 24 hour timer work if Linkify is not open at the time of the interval?

Edit:

Found a bug, I guess:

On this post, the picture is embedded within 2 quotes, however that starts to crop the image and generally messes up the shape of the quotes.

HTTP://i.imgur.com/g3jK6Vp.png

Edit 2: I'm off to sleep so I won't be able to respond... Unless my coffee has magical powers or something!

Have a good day Indy, and I'll check back in the morning :) ­<3
Unslain Bosses - Clan

24-Jul-2014 23:36:24 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2014 23:46:05 by Hevilmystic

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hevilmystic said :
Does the current 24 hour timer work if Linkify is not open at the time of the interval?

When the browser loads RS-Linkify, the first thing RS-Linkify does is checks the date. If the date has changed then it refreshes titles and saves the current date. So basically what calls the titles to refresh is if the stored and current dates don't match.

So it's not actually a timer. If you never closed your browser thus never reloading RS Linkify, it would never check the date.

It's not ideal, but served it's purpose while I was testing it. I will make some changes to it so it checks more frequently. But I wont use a timer, I really don't like timers continually running in the background.

25-Jul-2014 00:00:44

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

WarChief said :
This add-on is amazing :o
mind-blown.

Ty, I hope it brings you much foruming pleasure :)

­­­­

Hevilmystic said :
Found a bug, I guess:

Oh yeah that's a result of my fix for that flickering gif issue some people were having. I actually have corrected the image sizing but it never made it into my last update. I still haven't tested it thoroughly, but after a lil testing lurking on forums I should be able to push out an update :)

Hopefully by the time you read this you'll have the next version, sleep well and sweet dreams :)

25-Jul-2014 02:10:41

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top