Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indypie... any news about RS Linkify Firefox app? :O I know it's been a long time since it was last mentioned :P

Oh and are there any plans to extend Linkify to clan forums? I'm not asking about custom avatars, etc. Just the essential stuff per se.

Maybe quality of life improvements such as refresh buttons, quote buttons, general formatting tweaks, page #... etc.

Would be nice to have those eventually.

24-Jul-2014 02:35:09

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow I just went and had look at clan forums, they are quite different.

I can't actually do anything there, RS Linkify only has permission to access the pages with the url - ht tp://services.runescape.com/m=forum/

I have been thinking about changing the RS Linkify permissions so I can extend it to other parts of the site. There are few other things I'd like to do that would be of benefit.

But it will be a while before I do that. I have quite a bit of planning and preparation to do first.

If I change RS Linkify's permissions so I can access other parts of the site, all users will get a message from chrome asking if you want to allow the new permissions. If you choose no then you wont get any more updates.

I need to notify everyone well in advance and explain why and what I'm doing, so it wont come as a surprise when chrome says RS Linkify has changed and wants to access other pages.

It's not something I can just jump into, but when I eventually do it, it'll open up many more possibilities :)

Edit: I forgot to answer about FF, got distracted by the clan forums.

I'm not even close to finishing a FF version. Writing an extension for FF has proven to be hard compared to chrome. I could throw together a grease monkey script and get much of the basics done. But that's not how I want to do it. I'd rather write and extension from the ground up for FF and not rely on other software to run it.

I've made a start and I've gone over some of the documentation for writing FF extensions, and it's awful compared to chrome. I will continue but I have so many other things I need to do first.

FF will be something I'll work on when I feel as though I'm on top of everything.

24-Jul-2014 03:56:36 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2014 09:13:27 by Indecent Act

J3
Jun Member 2017

J3

Posts: 3,560 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Small suggestion: as by far not everyone makes use of godmode/custom avatars I think it would be nice to have some form of indication whether someone uses linkify. Perhaps the http://puu.sh/apc06/03a1129beb.png embedded in the bar above a post? Or even text  like "√ Linkify". Something not too intruding.

­­ _________________________________________
| Submit a bug report | Overloaded XP | CLF | HLF |
­­
@J3sven

24-Jul-2014 16:17:59

TDX

TDX

Posts: 2,545 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Indy! ­coffee

A friend of mine recently started using Linkify but doesn't have HLF access (She never requested access despite maxing years ago). Would it be possible for you to set a custom avatar for her if I got her to post elsewhere on the forums (Free bump for me!) to say that I'd be posting for it on her behalf? :)

Thanks again!
Everybody cares about things that nobody cares about.

24-Jul-2014 16:59:05

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bakey, you could post the pic she wants as ava here and Indy will upload it to her server. She'll then give you the custom ava code and you give it to your friend :)

24-Jul-2014 17:27:57 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2014 17:28:57 by Morgan

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks for all the lovely coffee, still waking up here. It's 5:00am and I'm on my first cuppa :)

@Bakey, I'm not sure if it's because I'm not too coherent just yet, but I'm not even sure what you're suggesting (I'm still half asleep).

But many people do what Morgan suggested. Just post the pic on her behalf and I'll give you a code that you can pass on to her.

@J3, I've thought about something like that. Not sure how everyone would feel about that though. But I might give it a go one day.

Currently I can't tell who uses RS Linkify aside from the obvious. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

24-Jul-2014 20:07:53 - Last edited on 24-Jul-2014 20:08:19 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top