Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ello's :)

Since today's update I've noticed that clan-list is occasionally taking priority over personal color choice. This seems to happen most often after posting, but not every time, so I'm not sure the exact cause.

For an example, I recently posted this:

http://puu.sh/7aHJ8.jpg

My settings are,

HTTP://puu.sh/7aI1O.png

This applies to both post color and the "thread created by" / "last post by" columns

­­­­
Fun fact: Zaros uses Linkify
­­­­
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

26-Feb-2014 02:33:14

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hmmm, the order of priorities hasn't changed so I'm not sure what's going on there.

The actual order (I'm looking at the code right now) is...

clan
friends
fMods
Jmods
Self

Each one overrides the previous if duplicate names are encountered.

I have changed something that might be causing this though. I have a delay to prevent RS Linkify from running too early, and I have shortened that delay.

It might be possible that RS Linkify has scanned the clan and friend lists before your username has been rendered. Kind of like how titles come in a second after the page has loaded.

This would mean your name wont override the previous clan/friends names because it's not there yet. I'm assuming your name is in the clan list? If it's not in the clan list then I need to look elsewhere.

Yesterday I noticed the forums took a long time fully load. The page would be viewable and interactive but still continued to load in the background for quite some time. It could be bad timing that I shortened the delay before RS Linkify executes.

It's a simple thing for me to change, but if you could confirm that your name is in one of the lists (clan or friends or both), that would be a big help :)

26-Feb-2014 06:03:21

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

I expect that removing duplicate names will not help.

From the images Keighlea posted I can determine the code that adds the colours is being executed.

Both the clan and friends names come from RS Linkify's settings and don't rely on content from the page. For your own posts RS Linkify does rely on the page content to match your username.

Your username is not saved or stored in your settings and is obtained on every page load from the top right of the screen where your avatar is.

Example: If you're not logged in, coloured posts for yourself wont work. But they will for friends, clan, pMod and jMod posts.

I suspect a similar scenario is occurring with the issue Keighlea pointed out, and that is the name is not there when RS Linkify is running, but it is there sometime afterwards.

That's why I need to 100% confirm if Keighlea's name is in the clan/friends list. It's not a problem if it is, that's why I have the priority order. But in Keighlea's case, if her name isn't in friends or clan list, then I have a problem.

26-Feb-2014 06:16:34 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2014 06:21:38 by Indecent Act

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
That's why I need to 100% confirm if Keighlea's name is in the clan/friends list. It's not a problem if it is, that's why I have the priority order. But in Keighlea's case, if her name isn't in friends or clan list, then I have a problem.

It is indeed in the clan list :)

­coffee

­­­­
Fun fact: Zaros uses Linkify
­­­­
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

26-Feb-2014 06:24:27

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Cool, thanks for that Keighlea,

That means your name isn't getting detected, I expect sometimes it's not there when RS Linkify is matching names to the last post and author.

The fact your name was coloured tells me the code is running, it should be an easy fix.

I'm not sure if I'll get an update out tonight, might be tomorrow morning before I get it done. But I will get it done very soon :)

and yum more ­coffee :)

26-Feb-2014 07:00:33

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had a similar issue to Keighlea a moment ago..

For the chat lounge, I added all the frequent posters to friends and made them show as a dark green colour, so its not the default/boring grey colour to me. My post showed up as grey. My name is not in the friend or clan list.
HTTP://puu.sh/7bxlq.png
HTTP://puu.sh/7bxEb.png
Guess I'm just showing its not an isolated case. :q

­­­­
Don't you bring your sadness down on me
When peace is free
­­­­
Selective Completionist

26-Feb-2014 20:51:07 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2014 20:51:37 by Amaethwr

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks for the info Amaethwr :)

I've made some changes so RS Linkify waits a little longer before reading page content. I'm hoping this eliminates the issue with custom post settings.

If the issue persists in Version 3.0.2.5, please let me know and I'll make some more adjustments :)

26-Feb-2014 23:46:58 - Last edited on 27-Feb-2014 00:12:39 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top