Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Klyntar

Klyntar

Posts: 7,177 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The 'apply to thread' only worked like once for me right after update. Haven't really thought about it since though, tbh.  It's one of those things that doesn't really matter to me as you can just look at the thread head to see exactly what post it's on.

But for the record, it still doesn't work for me either.

­­
Shh...
No one will know...
­­

09-Jan-2014 18:11:25 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2014 18:12:54 by Klyntar

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi Indy,
I don't know what's going on, but look:
http://puu.sh/6fo5K.png

Custom avatar codes seem to be displaying to that person? I've tried disabling RS Linkify for testing purposes and they don't appear to me, so I don't know why or how he knows.

Edit: http://puu.sh/6foz9.png (new info)

09-Jan-2014 23:17:34 - Last edited on 09-Jan-2014 23:24:41 by Morgan

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It gets added to the end of your post when you press the submit button, an 'invisible' qfc code is a good way to attach avatars to each post because it's not visible to a reader, it's valid to write, and it can easily represent a lot of possible avatars.

The only way to see it is if someone quotes you, or if your post is nested inside a quote. That's how linkify puts the right mini avatars in quotes.

To help with that a little, I put a little secret message in my signature for whoever quotes me: [qfc id=261-262-33-65181208 HLF:RS-Linkify ]

i

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

10-Jan-2014 01:34:52

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Morgan, I've sorted your avatars you may need to hard refresh to see the changes.

And yep the avatar codes are and have always been included in quotes. They remain hidden when the quote is posted, but are visible in the reply textarea. This means if non linkify users quote you, your avatar code is there for rs linkify to see and the mini avatar is obtained from the hidden code.

@Amaethwr, I'll have a look at the post numbers today and get something sorted as soon as I figure out how to reproduce this problem :)

@Blasty, that quite interesting. I see you're making use of img source. That's actually similar to what google ads do (or used to do). Img source can send parameters to php too, that's lots of fun and the sky's the limit as to what you can do :)

Edit: lol I should have a waited a little before posting, Blasty beat me to it :)

10-Jan-2014 01:45:13 - Last edited on 10-Jan-2014 01:46:41 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top