Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Looks quite new to me.

I'm not 100% sure but some things seem different or I have missed some recent changes. But in any case some things don't seem to be working the same way as they were before. Either that or I just missed some things and they only surfaced today for some reason.

Updating to version 3.0.1.1 should help.

Thanks everyone who posted, if there any problems please let me know and I'll get onto it right away.

19-Dec-2013 23:34:36

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Save Me Link, make sure you have Version 3.0.1.1

There were a few new issues I hadn't encountered on forums until today, but they should be resolved in the latest version.

If after updating there is no change please let me know.

Edit: See here on getting the latest update.

20-Dec-2013 02:27:00 - Last edited on 20-Dec-2013 02:27:35 by Indecent Act

Blasty
Feb Member 2017

Blasty

Posts: 9,319 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Can anyone tell if there has there been a forum update recently,
Is this new, like very new I mean?
­­http://puu.sh/5Sb6P.jpg­­

That came with the HTML5 forum update that came shortly before we found the forum bug.

E: Since this post:

Original message details are unavailable.
Some minor things have been changed today!

We now have HTML5 validation in all places where you create a thread or post, so if you forget to fill in the title or message you should now see a little message from your browser (if it supports it, most do) to inform you before it submits it to the server.

We fixed the issue where there was a "Click here and type your message" tooltip when you put your mouse on the text area where you write your post.

BBCode buttons should now be much more nicely aligned.

When replying to a thread using the full reply page or when adding a new thread we moved the "Cancel" button away from the bottom right corner (I can't tell you how many times I clicked this by accident :@ ) and into the top right. It is also now a "Return to..." button to be consistent with other parts of the forum.

Hope you like these minor things, more will be coming soon :)

i

­­
­­<
Blasty
the Blue
>­­
­­
Blasty
// @BlastytheBlue // Blasty#5167
| Co-owner of Mine Nation

20-Dec-2013 04:36:33 - Last edited on 20-Dec-2013 04:39:17 by Blasty

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks Blasty, I hadn't noticed it until today.

Some of the recent forums updates have made me change how I traverse the DOM, the little balloon tip doesn't change anything for me. But when I find something I haven't seen my first reaction is see if forums have updated or changed. This isn't the only thing I have noticed but I have no clue when these things occurred.

Editing posts with < > ' " & reverts back to their HTML code, I know they were okay not too long ago (pretty sure it's happened some time after that HTML5 update). I'd have thought it is unrelated to quoting and the escaping issue and again I wonder when did they break it again?

Anyway as a result I have re-enabled all my old fixes and I'm just going to leave them in. I have also changed how I traverse the DOM, and tbh that has worked for the better.

20-Dec-2013 05:22:08

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

^Yes and no. It's kind of weird for me. I basically know nothing when it come to using it. Version 3 of RS Linkify is really the first time I've used it.

I like pure javascript because it makes you learn and gain an understanding of scope chains, the DOM, and more. Look at the property/attribute fiasco that happened after jquery 1.3. Still to this day so many web developers don't know the difference between the two (so many issues have stemmed from this), and it's because jquery never differentiated between them. With the very basics of javascript that's the first thing you learn. It's like not knowing the difference between integers and strings and knocking out code.

Jquery does some things well, there is no doubt about that. But it babies some developers a little too much imo. I like some things about it, other things I don't like. I still have lots to learn with it. I mean really basic things, I don't know much of the syntax at all.

RS Linkify has given me a good excuse to try it out and it's kind of fun. But I'm glad that everything I do with it, I know and understand in pure JS. I'm keen to keep going with it, it's strong areas are strong indeed.

20-Dec-2013 07:04:41

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top