Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The thing is, there nothing to stop you putting color tags in signature. You can do it whether you have a signature or not.

Example:

­­[red]

[/red]
~ My Signature ~­­

You'll always the colour tags ready, and you just need to type between them. So the option to have a default colour for your posts already exists.

However I think expanding/customising on the selections of colours would be much more beneficial.

­­­­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~­­­­

26-Oct-2013 14:27:57

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lol :| never thought to press enter in signature box.. Though yea, would still be nice to have different colours listed.

E: Using the actual signature box pushes it down 2 lines like it does with the actual signature, which is a tiny bit annoying, not exactly difficult for me to just delete the above lines each time though. It'll suffice for now. :P

E2: Never mind that, the top 2 lines can just be left and auto-removed. Feeling a bit slow today..

­­­­
‹ « ­­< Amæ >­­ » ›
­­­­
Selective Completionist

26-Oct-2013 15:46:19 - Last edited on 26-Oct-2013 16:43:23 by Amaethwr

Rugmonkey

Rugmonkey

Posts: 279 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just to let you know, the "Report" link when right-clicking Highlight now doesn't work: "Thread was not found; the thread does not exist (perhaps it is no longer on the forums)."

27-Oct-2013 20:14:12 - Last edited on 27-Oct-2013 20:14:48 by Rugmonkey

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Fixed the reporting in Version 2.0.8.0. Thanks for the heads up, The thread had changed.

and thanks for the coffee Keighlea :)

­­ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blame Rowley
If it doesn't work

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ­­

27-Oct-2013 21:28:05

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Thanks Blasty,I've modified my regex to include parentheses, just testing it and I'll publish an update very soon.

Parentheses is URLs can be such a pain, but it is valid (I wish it wasn't though).

Edit: Well that was fun. Version 2.0.8.1 fixes those links with brackets.

Seemed simple to add brackets to my URL regex and it worked on your example link. Then I tried this...

(
h
ttp://puu.sh/2To9U.png)

Which turned out like this...

(
h
t
tp://puu.sh/2To9U.png)

Page not found blah blah blah...because of that damn bracket :/

Where does a URL end and plain text begin if there are no spaces?

I don't know. But I do know I can't use a bracket to determine the end.

Anyway I wrote a little algorithm to check if the last character is a bracket. If so it then counts all open and closed brackets and compares the two. If they match then it's all good and nothing changes. If they don't match and the open brackets is one less than the closed brackets then I ignore the last closed bracket.

The result being this..

(
h
t
tp://puu.sh/2To9U.png
)

Not the most elegant solution and I may change it, but for now...

Yay brackets aren't breaking links. I'm going to have a coffee :)

­­
~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~
­­

28-Oct-2013 07:14:22 - Last edited on 28-Oct-2013 09:12:48 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top