Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Charles said :
I wouldn't mind this at all!

I'll work on soon(ish) it's hard coded into my version so there are no options. Also it appears on every page, I need to make it only appear on the first page of forums.

For example page 50 of RGU shows the sticky, that's not really necessary but since only I could see it I figured meh I'll leave it for now.

It's pretty handy though, no matter when I am on forums I can see if someone has posted on my thread. Personal sticky is something I've meaning to mention for ages, but there is always so many other little things to do.

Oh @Keighlea,

I've sorted the black list, names added are now applied to quotes. I'm just going to test it for a little while longer. I'll most likely update in an hour or two assuming all goes well :)

­­­
­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

­­

17-Oct-2013 01:19:53

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had another thought regarding the QFC.. "area" at the bottom of a page

Would it be possible for us to set a default text to go inside the QFC link? Or be able to have it default to the thread title (by option of course)?

So, this:

http://puu.sh/4RVfi.png

Would appear as this, for the middle section:

[qfc id=261-262-33-65181208]Text from options page goes here[/qfc]

Or, as the title

[qfc id=261-262-33-65181208]RS-Linkify[/qfc]

Most times when I use the QFC link, I use it in the form of.. This is the link to the super fabulous RS-Linkify page! So I would set mine to say "this" and would be more convenient than backtracking to carefully hover my mouse between the brackets

As usual, just a thought, and there could even be multiple options or presets for it? Capital/Lowercase letters could be an issue, if that's a concern for people. I'd just reword my sentence to put it elsewhere with a lowercase letter :P !

~~~Zaros is the way Forward~~~
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

17-Oct-2013 02:22:53

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Keighlea said :
You are beyond awesome :)

Wizardry!

~~~Zaros is the way Forward~~~

Hehe ty :)

I think after next update some may disagree with you. I'm about to break every post that uses RS-Linkify tags.

Even though the tags can be used in the same way as before, the old ones will not work. I'm trying to think of something nice I can add to my update that will ease the pain a little for those affected.

Oh and the blacklist testing has worked out well, glad I delayed publishing it. I've made a few tweaks. So far adding a name works, their links are just plain text in both their posts and quotes that contain their posts. I am limited to fully testing nested quotes in this case, but I'm confident this will be a big improvement.

I'll do the Quick QFC text thing soon(ish).

Anyway, I better make some coffee and get back to working on this update :)

­­­

17-Oct-2013 04:27:52

Chives
Feb Member 2008

Chives

Posts: 7,443 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I assume this is because AdBlock and RSLinkify are working in conjunction.

When I want to go back a page, I have to hit backspace twice. Holding down the back arrow on chrome gives me 2 options per page. I don't really know how to be more descriptive so here's a pic.

http://puu.sh/4S0RJ/529f9d3a08.png

17-Oct-2013 04:56:54

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

@Chives, I'm not 100% sure on that one.

I have had one other person mention this and I didn't ask if they had adblock. RS-Linky can't interact with your history (what determines back/forward or bookmarks) in any way. Even if I wanted to, RS-Linkify simply don't have permission nor does it request permission.

However I have had some clashes with some forms of adblock (adblock blocking my enhanced quoting features) so I suspect you are right and there is a clash.

The only thing I can suggest would be to allow forums in your adblock options (since there are no ads here) and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the info though, it does help me build a bigger picture of what's going on. I don't think there is anything I can do. I don't want RS-Linkify to access private information (browser history) so I have no intentions of requesting that ability.

I will do some double checking though, but I just checked my back history, RS-Linkify was running the whole time and it looks normal, also back navigation behaved normally too.

http://puu.sh/4S1Mp.png

­­­                                 ­­
­­

17-Oct-2013 05:18:13

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

­­­­
Purple border with yellow text example.
­­­­

­­
­­ [purple] [bub] [yellow] SOME TEXT [/yellow] [/bub] [/purple] ­­
­­

­­­­
red text yellow border
­­­­

­­Wrap bubble tags with colour tags to set border colour.
As always wrap text with colour tags to set text colour.­­­

17-Oct-2013 13:44:42 - Last edited on 18-Oct-2013 23:36:19 by Indecent Act

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top