Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Quick issue I noticed earlier on this thread

I have the link from Nos' signature in my blacklist (I end up putting most of them there lol), but when Bobhaz quoted him later on in the page, the link embedded

Image in question,
HTTP://puu.sh/49DqJ

Edit: Secondary issue/request! Would it be possible for Linkify to remember "HTTP" and convert it to "http", similar to how it remembers the asterisk in ­cake after removing it

That way the HTTP would appear as a normal http to non-linkify users

~~~Zaros is the way Forward~~~
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

16-Oct-2013 21:07:49 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2013 21:10:06 by Keighlea

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I hadn't seen that before with quoted blacklist. I have his name added to my list to save me adding links, but the same thing is occurring on that thread. I'll have a look at that very soon. Thanks for pointing that out :)

Edit: I found the link had changed, it wasn't the same one in my list, when I added it it worked.

Linkify doesn't remember the asterisk, it writes something you can't see in its place. When RS-Linkify sees it, it acts as instructions to fetch an image. I can't do that to link, because it no longer reads as a link, and I can't linkify it.

I'm just wondering is it a problem having capital HTTP? I know it works in all browsers if copy and pasted.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: while I'm thinking about it, I might as well mention, the avatar codes will going through a change soon. Listed below.

- I plan getting rid of the qfc, avatar code will just be a 5 digit number.
- Code won't be visible in your posts at all, even when editing/quoting.
- code will most likely be silently added to your post when you click submit.

There are many advantages, to this system. It's future proof (qfc expire for a number of reasons), less characters used, and quotes won't show the codes.

Tag Changes

To improve avatar codes means I must also change the tag system. The tag system is still experimental and that's why I have never mentioned it on my update page. But in order to refine the avatar codes (I have to do this, they will break soon if I don't) I have to change some things with tags. However I'm still keeping the tags, they will just work differently and old posts may not render the tags.

Continued next post, grr character limit...

­­­
­~ Blame Rowley if it doesn't work ~

­

16-Oct-2013 22:33:58 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2013 23:47:59 by Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Something new

Something I've had in my own personal version of RS-Linkify is the ability to sticky your own favorite thread.

It's limited to one sticky and it displays on all forum sections.

See pic...

http://puu.sh/4QuMw

Any thread of your choice can be stickied. It will always be the topmost thread, and it doesn't push the bottom thread off the list, it's simply added to the top of the list.
I need to work on it a bit more, but I'm wondering would other like/use this feature?

­­­

16-Oct-2013 23:10:46 - Last edited on 16-Oct-2013 23:14:06 by Indecent Act

Keighlea

Keighlea

Posts: 40,455 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
I need to work on it a bit more, but I'm wondering would other like/use this feature?

Love it and will certainly be using it!

Edit:

Just noticed you posted twice, grr at my eyesight! ;P

Indecent Act said :
I hadn't seen that before with quoted blacklist. I have his name added to my list to save me adding links

When using the blacklist for names, can you add only names? I also have his name on my blacklist, but any link he changes to pops up for me instead of being blocked. Is that because I have a mixture of names and links?

Indecent Act said :
I'm just wondering is it a problem having capital HTTP? I know it works in all browsers if copy and pasted.

Ooh, that's fine, and thanks for the explanation :) I just thought it might appear weird to non-users to randomly see HTTP at times, but most people would work out it's a Linkify thing, and those who didn't might do some research and fall in love with it :)

Indecent Act said :
To improve avatar codes means I must also change the tag system. The tag system is still experimental and that's why I have never mentioned it on my update page.

[Tag] You're it! ;)

~~~Zaros is the way Forward~~~
Lady of Zaros

Proud Linkify user - Become one of the Family!

17-Oct-2013 00:22:47 - Last edited on 17-Oct-2013 00:28:09 by Keighlea

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Keighlea said :
[Tag] You're it! ;)
damn I'll never catch you :)

Okay it shouldn't matter if you mix and match urls and names, but names must be lowercase. Blacklisted names are not being honoured when it comes to quoting, RS-Linkify thinks the person who quotes is the image owner, if they aren't blacklisted then RS-Linkify gives the okay to embed. I'm working on improving that right now.

If things aren't working it's not you (unless you have uppercase letters in names), tbh since your last post I've started to give the blacklist an overhaul. The thing is RS-Linkify has changed a fair bit since that was added. Now I'm actually looking at it I'm surprised it works at all.

Urls don't follow the lower case rule that names do, they are actually case sensitive so should be copied exactly as they are.

I think with spoilers that's the best compromise I can do to make it fair to all forums users. After I've redone the avatar codes and tags I'll go back and see if I can refine it.

Sorry about my previous post, I edited like 100 times then hit character limit.

Anyway quick summary...

- I'm working on blacklist limitations with names and quoting.
- You can mix and match names and URLs (every item must be on a new line)
- Names must be in lowercase.
- If it's not working, it's most likely because of me, not you!

­­­

­­­­

17-Oct-2013 00:49:50

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top