RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
Sal VJ said :
I'm just gonna wait for an update to this, cba to fiddle with the broken links.

It's unlikely going to get updated. Indy seems to no longer be maintaining this.

All you have to do to get it working is go into the manifest.js file (open it with Notepad) and modify the http://services part of the Runescape URL (use CTRL+F to find them, there's only like 4 to edit) to https://secure (leave everything else as-is). Then save it, go to the "extensions" page on Chrome, enable Developer mode, click "Load unpacked", navigate to the "3.19.93_0" folder and finally click on the "Select folder" button. It should work after that.

This is what I did, works now for me. Thanks.

Seems like forum pages load slower than normal, also some functions aren't enabled like showing what clan people are in under their names. I had to reinstall linkify because I messed something up and it was just easier to start over so maybe I just need to tick some button in the options.

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘
‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’
°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

03-Dec-2019 12:32:32 - Last edited on 03-Dec-2019 12:39:04 by Cyanid

Minigames

Minigames

Posts: 4,630 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cyanid said :
Seems like forum pages load slower than normal.
Yeah - the update last week (week before?) pretty much made the forums load a lot slower than before due to the connectivity required between the servers the forums are on, and the servers the player avatars are on. There's a thread in W&F where someone figured this out - but we're yet to get a comment when this will be fixed.

CM Nick did say in HLF Discussion that there are upcoming forum updates, so we may have to wait for those.
»
»
»
Minigames
| AFK Thalers, Goebiebands and Chat Lounge FC: Minigames
» » » Join the Minigames / D&Ds Community Discord Server!
https://discord.gg/WERrVuE

03-Dec-2019 17:35:08

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,457 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cyanid said :
Seems like forum pages load slower than normal, also some functions aren't enabled like showing what clan people are in under their names. I had to reinstall linkify because I messed something up and it was just easier to start over so maybe I just need to tick some button in the options.

You likely need to go into more of the files in the Linkify extensions folder. Just editing manifest.js will make Linkify work, but there are more things to edit in other files.

I would go into all the files and just do a search for the http://services URLs and change them accordingly.

I see clan names on mine, but I pretty much went into all the files and did a search for the problematic URLs and changed them (some files don't have any URLs to change).

On Chrome Canary, I just edited the manifest.js file and no clan names show up under people's usernames. So you need to edit any other files that are still directing to the old http://services URL.

05-Dec-2019 08:01:41

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
I see clan names on mine, but I pretty much went into all the files and did a search for the problematic URLs and changed them (some files don't have any URLs to change).
I changed every instance I could see on all files and I still don't see clan names :O
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

06-Dec-2019 07:57:45

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Go into the "threadview" file (located in the scriptsPageSpecific folder) and change all RS URLs. Save and then "load unpacked" again. You should find clan names load now.

I just tested it on Canary. I only have the manifest.js file and threadview.js file modified and clan names show up.

07-Dec-2019 07:05:27

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Just saw your message. Seems like if you want more functionality just go into more files and make that url swap.

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee
¸¬°™°¬¸
’¸·ˆ·¸
¶¶
`»—«’
¶right¶
`•
†hrøugh
•’
¶¥øu¶
`»—«’
¶¶
¸·ˆ·¸‘
‘•»¸¸«¤°˜¯‘•¸
¶¶¶¶¶
`
¤•¤
¶¶¶¶¶
¸•’¯˜°¤»¸¸«•’
°¬_¸–’
’¸¤·¤¸‘
‘–¸_¬°

31-Dec-2019 12:17:11

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Linkify should start functioning when you modify the manifest.js file and make the appropriate changes. You should see the additional yellow buttons show up. If you want basically everything working, go into all files and modify every single URL that seems problematic. .

19-Jan-2020 06:34:09 - Last edited on 19-Jan-2020 06:34:33 by Singularity

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

So guessing linkify got updated?

¸¬°™°¬¸
With
¸¬°™°¬¸
Closed Eyes
¸¬°™°¬¸
I §ee