Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Chee arra
Mar Member 2010

Chee arra

Posts: 10,335 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Morgan said :
Oh my god... you had a spider like THAT in your garden?!

Where's the flame thrower when I need it?! O_o O_o O_o

Excellent camera and pics though, but wow!!

That reminds me of those images of people 'overreacting' to seeing spiders and burning their house down lol

like this one lol
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGihJ6FVAAASKoL.jpg
Quest Master
| @Chee__RS |
7 kc Chick'Arra

Friends Chat Improvements | 1 Defence Quests and Tasks
Goals

20-Jun-2017 00:17:59 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2017 00:18:45 by Chee arra

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Posts: 447 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
This has been going on for a while now, and I wasn't sure if I was going crazy or not.. Copy this into a post and click preview:

[quote id=259-260-138-63809579-259585-341155951]Hello lovelies![/quote][skyblue]Hey! <3[/skyblue]

When you reach the end of a line, and press space (?), it seems to insert an enter even if you didn't

E: It's decided not to work when simply copying and pasting.. Copy it in, then delete the space between "Hey! <3", and put a space back in, and then preview

E2: Also not a Linkify issue, it's just bugging me lol

I tried but I was not successful in reproducing it. I have a feeling I'm not doing it properly, I'll keep trying though :)

Morgan said :
Oh my god... you had a spider like THAT in your garden?!

Where's the flame thrower when I need it?! O_o O_o O_o

Excellent camera and pics though, but wow!!

Aww so mean, that spider was tiny, like no bigger than a lady bug.

Speaking of lady bugs (she wasn't far from lil arroxor)
HTTP://i.imgur.com/6XSAAmK.jpg

20-Jun-2017 00:19:59

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Morgan said :
That is cute, Indsy :)

I want mushy pics too!

Hasn't been good weather for fungi lately, little cool and until recently a little dry too.

HTTP://i.imgur.com/cpn7v2O.png

Wow posting these pics is such an eye opener, imgur really reduces the quality of them. They look so much sharper on my pc prior to uploading them. Such a shame they compress the detail out of them.

I already made the file smaller. It was around 24 mb in RAW and then 12 mb as JPEG, and finally I reduced the resolution from 6000 x 4000 px to 1500 x 1000 px. Then Imgur compressed it more, what I gave them was still a pretty sharp image but not any more.

I might do some comparisons by uploading some to my site uncompressed and compare the same pics uploaded to imgur. Maybe there are better hosts as far as compression goes.

For some pics it doesn matter and it's hard to tell the difference, but for photos I think I need to find a better image host.

20-Jun-2017 04:22:57

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lil Indecent said :
I tried but I was not successful in reproducing it. I have a feeling I'm not doing it properly, I'll keep trying though :)
I just downloaded chrome to try in that browser but it still happened lol, don't worry if you can't get it to work, it's just weird

It happened again here:

Amaethwr said :
Keighlea said :
Is there a new slayer master at least?
You get to become a slayer master! Not that you can do much as one,
however

Inspect element shows a
tag

E:
Lil Indecent said :
6000 x 4000 px
That's huge lol

E2: Lol? Before the edit, I had "Inspect element shows a <br> tag", and post-edit, it used the tag
Selective Completionist

20-Jun-2017 09:51:44 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2017 09:54:17 by Amaethwr

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Here, when I delete the space, you can see the characters remaining change 2000->1904, and when I press space to put it back, characters remaining drops by 2

https://puu.sh/wpfaF.mp4
Selective Completionist

20-Jun-2017 10:18:06

Lil Indecent

Lil Indecent

Wow you are the best Amaethwr, thanks for going to all that trouble to show how to reproduce it.

I got it to happen with and without RS Linkify running.

I haven't looked closely as yet. The HTML line break <br> that's being inserted is strange and I'm not sure I can determine what line breaks are inputted by the enter key and what are inserted by the server.

There might be a way to catch it since there may be a hidden character appearing (assuming the character count is correct). Detecting and removing the hidden character may prevent the line break being inserted later. That's just a theory though :)

Big thank you again for all the info you provided :)

20-Jun-2017 11:21:02

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Np! It's happened to me quite a few times over the past several weeks, maybe longer,
and it kept making me question myself after submitting the posts haha

"Wait, why did I press enter then space?"

E: Just happened again, there's room for the "and" at the end of the top line

And as an extra bit of info, I think it might have something to do with having a tag or text after where the textcursor(name?) is - causing a word to momentarily appear on the next line because "text[/endtag]" is too big to fit on the previous line, then after using a comma or something and a space, it's throwing a line break in there for some reason
Selective Completionist

20-Jun-2017 11:25:50 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2017 11:32:32 by Amaethwr

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top