Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We just had a trifecta of updates.

Chrome and Forums, then Linkify to accommodate the forum changes.

If chrome extensions don't seem to manually update. The first thing you need to do is make sure chrome is up to date.
Help --> About Google Chrome.

If chrome is not up to date then let it update, if its in the process of updating then just leave it and come back later.

After chrome has updated, it then goes to check if any updates are available for extensions. So don't rush plugin updates right after a browser update, it should be taken care of for you anyway.

If by some chance extensions still wont update, the best thing to do (assuming your browser is up to date), is close and relaunch chrome. Give chrome a minute, then if the extensions haven't auto updated try update extensions now.

04-Jun-2016 06:46:30 - Last edited on 04-Jun-2016 06:47:34 by Indecent Act

Bwrs

Bwrs

Posts: 2,129 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Heyo Indy and friends,
I was wondering if i could make an odd request. I know its minor but it's something i've noticed/been bugged with this year and last lol. During BST Jagex forum times does not reflect ingame time due to the time change. I was wondering if there could be an option under time to have the forum posts time display= game time? (During BST, Gametime is 1hr behind forum time). I use the forum time to track the game update for things like runesphere tracker/ tree spawn patterns etc.

Ik it is super minor but figured i'd ask if it were possible anyways.

Thanks for your help!
BatwingRobes
I am BatwingRobes, and BatwingRobez is me. BWRs is also me though ;)
Check out my calculators @ 99ftw ***, or google batwingrobes :)

06-Jun-2016 21:42:03

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hevilmystic said :
-waves-

­<3

* Waves *

­coffee

Bwrs said :
Ik it is super minor but figured i'd ask if it were possible anyways.

Should be easily do-able. I can probably provide an option to make forum times UTC. That way they are in sync with the game all year round.

I'll have a play around with this and see what I can come up with :)

07-Jun-2016 03:39:42

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Hevilmystic said :
The forums *used* to be like that if memory serves, I think as someone who lives in England the UTC thing would throw me off so much :P - Yay for toggles!

I have my setting using my local time and that works well for me, but for my needs the next best option would be UTC. I can see from your perspective that would be a pain though.

Quite a bit of work has gone into the time conversions RS Linkify does (quite a bit is an understatement, I was told it it's not possible to do what I do without external resources). Not possible...Ha! Anyway as a result of doing the so called ' impossible ', RS Linkify already calculates and determines BST start and end dates up to the year 2020. So adding an option to correct for one hour during BST should be pretty easy. Emphasis on 'should' :)

07-Jun-2016 04:52:13 - Last edited on 07-Jun-2016 04:58:49 by Indecent Act

Body btw

Body btw

Posts: 19,488 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
Should be easily do-able. I can probably provide an option to make forum times UTC. That way they are in sync with the game all year round.

I'll have a play around with this and see what I can come up with :)
I've never thought of that, but it would be handy now that he mentions it :p I never would have thought of VoS on forums either, but I use that all the time! :)
"Why are you posting threads, asking questions and making discussion???"

All I do anymore is fish - 2017

07-Jun-2016 12:27:53

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Body btw said :
I've never thought of that, but it would be handy now that he mentions it :p I never would have thought of VoS on forums either, but I use that all the time! :)

There's many features I would have not thought of, that I use lots. It's nice to be able to build on the ideas that come from forum users :)

07-Jun-2016 16:02:36

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top