Forums

RS-Linkify Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208

Indecent Act

Indecent Act

Posts: 7,456 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
Will there be more features added to your site? Or is it more so just the back-end stuff?

Oh that's a good question, and until now I have tried to avoid it :)

Back-end stuff is what I've been doing . I have upgraded apache, php, sql and open ssl. So now I'm making changes to either make things work again, or make use of the modern features. Migrating old code to the new environment.

As for adding more features to my site, yes and no. The hiscores are getting a clean up, here's where I'm heading with the hiscores. Unfinished though...
http://www.indecentcode.com/sqli/overall/Amaethwr

Compare players wont work, but search by rank, page, name work. As does search within a skill category. I will expanding to show ironman and other modes too. Notice the tri-state toggles (thank you Rowley for the idea).

But I'm also getting rid some of stuff, the tracking will go. Even though it still gets used and it's kind of unique with the manual resetting. It requires too much support. Every email I get is about password recovery. Since I don't collect personal info (emails and such) I can't do recovery. Basically the resources it takes from both me and my server are not worth it.

I will update my farming clock, as it still gets lots of use but doesn't include things like elder trees and snape grass.

Other stuff...

RS Linkify has it's own secure subdomain now. And I'm writing a manual for RS Linkify that I will host there.

I already have a couple of pages done (not related to the manual) so RS Linkify complies with google's new policies for developers. You get a idea of what the RS Linkify pages will feel like from the link below.

https://www.rslinkify.indecentcode.com/privacy_policy.php

There is other stuff too, but that's the basics of it. It's coming together slowly and it'll be a while before everything is ready. But I think it will be worth it :)

25-May-2016 04:32:12 - Last edited on 25-May-2016 04:36:48 by Indecent Act

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Indecent Act said :
until now I have tried to avoid it :)
Sorry :P

Indecent Act said :
Think this is looking really nice.. Your site's hiscores have always (as far as I can remember) looked so clean and tidy, the skills+overall fit quite perfectly in my browser and I only scrolled mouse wheel twice for it, no other manual alignment! :)
HTTP://puu.sh/p4zHv.png

And understandable why the tracking will be going, I think the same email over and over would kinda irritate me :P

Indecent Act said :
I will update my farming clock
­support!

Indecent Act said :
RS Linkify has it's own secure subdomain now.
Extra security is nice :)

Looking forward to all the finished products!
Selective Completionist

25-May-2016 13:45:50

Weyburns
Nov Member 2021

Weyburns

Posts: 4,823 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Amaethwr said :
Original message details are unavailable.

Think this is looking really nice.. Your site's hiscores have always (as far as I can remember) looked so clean and tidy, the skills+overall fit quite perfectly in my browser and I only scrolled mouse wheel twice for it, no other manual alignment! :)

support, i really like the golder look of the high scores
Hardcore Ironman
|
Ironman Discussion

@WeyburnRS
|
Draconic Fury

30-May-2016 18:18:08 - Last edited on 30-May-2016 18:21:34 by Weyburns

Amaethwr
Aug Member 2008

Amaethwr

Posts: 14,634 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Weyburns said :
support, i really like the golder look of the high scores
Makes a nice change from the dull blue on here lol

Draco Burnz said :
Was just wondering, but how do i get the Linkify forum badge?
Indecent Act has given it out to a few people that have given extra support, with things such as custom avatar editing, assistance with code, throwing around ideas, help finding causes of bugs, etc

This post is a bit more specific
Selective Completionist

30-May-2016 21:56:00

Quick find code: 261-262-33-65181208 Back to Top