Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
^^ Missing HP exp, but not a big deal

Thanks, updated the sheet with crystal shapeshifters. Putting melee & range at 150 kills/h
Well hp is very easy to calculate ;) .

The kills/h on them should increase a little bit more with today's update, since they fixed the losing focus thing when they switched styles. I still haven't gotten a task since then though.

However, I got a waterfiends task, and I tried maging them since the rate on sheet sounded pretty low. I got ~710 kills/h, and a 1:109 normal to elite waterfiends ratio. I did get crashed mid task (they are so packed pre-dxp -.-) and I was using holy not supreme ovls (forgot to mention this on my shapeshifters test - I'm running low on supremes atm and saving them for pvm'ing until dxp weekend, when I'll make plenty of them), so better than that is no doubt possible. But still, already much better than the current rate on the sheet.

I also got a 77 kills hour at zammy on task earlier, slightly better than before. But I was not planning to keep track to report results here, so I was not using titan and I didn't keep track of minions:boss ratio (which was not 1:3 since I was using scythe and killed some extra minions). I'll try to go for 80+ once I have my supremes ;) .

08-Sep-2015 03:19:03

Endeavour
Feb Member 2015

Endeavour

Posts: 4,593 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm not sure, since I haven't gotten back to Tarddiad after the quest, but can't you ask the one guy you hand your crystals in to make extra shapeshifters appear? When I did the quest I could toggle aggressiveness, and I thought that meant the visible ones would stop attacking me, but he said something about extra shapeshifters coming out of hiding to attack me, or something.
Maybe that could solve the issue of spawns being spread, if that's actually the case?
Signatures are overrated.

08-Sep-2015 07:24:32

Renz
Mar Member 2010

Renz

Posts: 1,987 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PyraTheAegis said :
Wow according to a post on the Runescape reddit Shapeshifters might be 720k Melee xp and 630k Slayer exp per hour!

Link for the interested:
https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/3ko4hm/crystal_shapeshifters_720k_melee_360k_slay_xphr/
Meow!

12-Sep-2015 18:38:25

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PyraTheAegis said :
Wow according to a post on the Runescape reddit Shapeshifters might be 720k Melee xp and 630k Slayer exp per hour!/
That's pretty good, just don't forget that his rates include raf, so on our sheet that would be ~655k melee + ~327k slayer xp/h. Better than waterfiends, but still worse than dark beasts.

I was testing on sheet though, the 5 previous best tasks (airuts, abby demons, glacors, dbeasts, wfs - again ignoring effigies) no longer give a positive points balance, so adding crystal shapeshifters can fix that. The issue is that adding the shapeshifters reduces the slayer:summ ratio to about 1:0.74.

That's not necessarily a problem though, since the combat xp/h with those 6 tasks is of almost 780k, which is the rate of the fastest style abyss base xp rate (magic). That basically means that slayer will still be equal to or better (in this case better, since most xp in that list is in melee which is only ~700k xp/h at abyss) than abyss training, at least until 200m both attack and strength. And if you do 200m both melee skills with slayer alone that should be enough for 197m summ xp.

Further changes could be made, like ranging dbeasts instead of melee'ing so that you don't overkill on melee too early; and possibly maging shapeshifters (which I want to test, but still haven't received a task since this week's update). Basically, still some work and data needed to find the "optimal" slayer list ;) .

-
Wise Thoth

P. S.: I know I seem to be the only one who cares about effigies, but if the new waterfall fishing really is 190k xp/h, that could bring some significant changes to effigy efficiency. Having that rate would be pretty bad balancing imo though: both faster and far more afk than the previous best (c2)? I know it has been done plenty of times before, but do they really want to keep doing it? Lol.

12-Sep-2015 22:30:01

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top