Aviansies (Kree'arra + minions)
Aquanites
Desert Strykewyrms
Grotworms (mature)
Lava Strykewyrm
Mutated Jadinko (males)
Tormented Demons
Nihil (Specify the nihil type you hunt)
Vyrewatch (vyrelords/ladies in Darkmeyer)

It needs to be kills per hour because we want to calculate summoning as well.

Also: Greater demons are covered by Wise Thoth.

Could you specify the setup? Gear/weapon/potions? For example, if I were to use Bandos, Chaotics, and regular overloads, compared to someone using Malevolent, Drygores, and supreme overloads, the kills/hour would be very different. I would assume you want T90 power gear, T90 weapons and supreme overloads for the best kills/hour, but I don't know what would be efficient, and what would start to be overdoing it.
Signatures are overrated.

20-Jun-2015 19:23:52

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For Kree'arra, again out of task, I averaged 60 kills/instance. Including the time needed to get kc and to make instance, it equates to an effective 57.2 kills/h (I don't know which of them you'll consider). A problem, though, it that ALL armadyl minions count as aviansie for task (even if you only kill spiritual things for kc), so I'm not sure how you will include that in the calculations.

The other tasks you mentioned are really bad xp, so I didn't bother to test them myself (at least not recently). What you could do is take the slayer xp/h here http://runegamer.com/tools.php?t=morvran#default (or on my sheet - I included the xp/kill with bonuses on the calculations page) to get an approximate value of kills/h. May not be that precise after all, but it's better than nothing ;) and as I said, those are bad tasks anyway, which everyone should skip/block/unlist; I don't think precision would be that relevant for them.

As for the gwd tasks though, there's something new I want to test: hard mode. I always though it would be too slow, but when walking them it might actually be worth it. And with the other advantage of soulstones.

-
Wise Thoth

Edit: the arma rate was with nox staff, virtus and normal overloads (more precisely, holy overloads). I do plan to test t90 armour + supreme overload to compare with it eventually, but atm I'm more worried about hard mode.

20-Jun-2015 19:31:21 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2015 19:36:18 by Yewnock

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Realistically, you can just view getting killcount as time it takes to kree'arra. Takes like 5 minutes to do anyway.

Then after the kc, you'd still have like 120-130 kree'arras to kill. Let's try to make it on task.

Edit: You calculate the exp by determining the kree'arra kills per hour then adding a flat stack of exp from 40 * (average exp among aviansies)

So like

(kree'arra exp * kree'arra kills per hour) + (40 * average exp among aviansies)

Or if you kill all 3 bodyguards

(kree'arra exp * kree'arra kills per hour) + (all 3 bodyguards exp combined * kree'arra kills per hour) + (40 * average exp among aviansies)

You'd have to figure in 5 minutes for the kc though, by adding extra 5 minutes to timing kree'arra kills per hour.

20-Jun-2015 21:01:10 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2015 21:16:49 by Lifer

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Endeavour said :
Lifer said :
Hey guys, I will appreciate if we can get the kills per hour for the following:

Ascension Members (Rorarius)
Aviansies (Kree'arra + minions)
Aquanites
Desert Strykewyrms
Grotworms (mature)
Lava Strykewyrm
Mutated Jadinko (males)
Tormented Demons
Nihil (Specify the nihil type you hunt)
Vyrewatch (vyrelords/ladies in Darkmeyer)

It needs to be kills per hour because we want to calculate summoning as well.

Also: Greater demons are covered by Wise Thoth.

Could you specify the setup? Gear/weapon/potions? For example, if I were to use Bandos, Chaotics, and regular overloads, compared to someone using Malevolent, Drygores, and supreme overloads, the kills/hour would be very different. I would assume you want T90 power gear, T90 weapons and supreme overloads for the best kills/hour, but I don't know what would be efficient, and what would start to be overdoing it.

That's the latter I want. Except in bandos. T90 weapons + supreme + bandos.

You'd have to know that it's never overdone as long as you still get money back from slayer :P aka spring cleaner.

100 supreme overloads is 60 hours worth of slaying for just 10m gp.

Malevolent armour also lasts 60 hours for just 15m gp too (top+legs).

So 25m total for 60 hours. Costs 416k gp per hour, which can be easily handled with spring cleaner.

Then extra drops like visages, razerback, pneumatic, and rdt drops should cover the rest of the supplies and t90 repairs.

20-Jun-2015 21:06:31 - Last edited on 20-Jun-2015 21:13:48 by Lifer

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

For arma, what I meant is that I didn't know which information you wanted ;) I have recorded the kc times too if you want it, apart from the actual xp rates. Also, I personally don't think it's worth not killing the minions, specially since arma is the most efficient way of training ranged/magic (in most cases); so in the end you'd just be wasting time.

And regarding costs, you should be making ovls for herblore training anyway (if you are going for 5.2, or all 120s, that is), so that's not that much of an "extra" cost. And supreme overloads are pretty good xp themselves on Meilyr hour + perfect plus. Regardless, even if you did not make the money back from slayer, whether using more expensive stuff is worth it or not depends on how much you value your hour gp-wise (although if you merch or use alts to make money, the answer tends to always be it is worth it).

In case you are wondering, the main reason I chose holy overloads instead of supreme for my gwd tests is because I didn't have supreme salves, and renewals could take too much inventory space (which is a problem for the 3h trips with ava I was going for) when taking supremes. With soulstones on hardmode that could be a lot better though, since banking takes only few seconds using max guild portal and it would not be a problem to go for 1h trips (assuming you can survive well with little food).

-
Wise Thoth

20-Jun-2015 21:58:18

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Fatrekd said :
Is it worth it to extend airut/celestial dragons?

If you exclusively do the 5 tasks I've listed only, I think there may be some room for extensions since totals 51.97%, and 48.4% is the break even.

Out of 10,000 tasks:

5197 tasks completed = 166304

You need to at least complete 4840 tasks to break even = 154880

166304 - 154880 = 11424 extra slayer points.

That's 380 extensions in 10,000 tasks - or 1 extension every 27 tasks completed.

I would say it's not worth extending because you just don't want to break your head figuring out when you're okay to use an extension :P

20-Jun-2015 23:25:16

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Yewnock said :
For arma, what I meant is that I didn't know which information you wanted I have recorded the kc times too if you want it, apart from the actual xp rates. Also, I personally don't think it's worth not killing the minions, specially since arma is the most efficient way of training ranged/magic (in most cases); so in the end you'd just be wasting time.

Okay uhm, I guess with range style - I want to know what's kree'arra kills per hour on task - just pure kills per hour, not accounting for getting the kill count. You can give me the time it takes to get the kc provided that it's on task. I can calc exp from 40 avansies.

20-Jun-2015 23:28:28 - Last edited on 21-Jun-2015 00:14:09 by Lifer

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

My ranged testings are kind of old, but anyway. In total, getting 40kc, making instance, killing arma+minions in instance and getting an extra kill after instance is done (no need to wait for it to respawn) took 65.4 minutes on average. The xp from getting kc was ~23.4k ranged + ~8.1k slayer xp. The slayer+combat xp is inaccurate from that test since the task got done before the full instance. I'd consider the 60 kills/h (x3 for minions on average with range - with mage the rate is on average higher than 1:3 because of dbreath) I mentioned earlier to make the calculations for arma itself.

-
Wise Thoth

21-Jun-2015 02:27:36

Fatrekd

Fatrekd

Posts: 13,243 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
Fatrekd said :
Is it worth it to extend airut/celestial dragons?

If you exclusively do the 5 tasks I've listed only, I think there may be some room for extensions since totals 51.97%, and 48.4% is the break even.

Out of 10,000 tasks:

5197 tasks completed = 166304

You need to at least complete 4840 tasks to break even = 154880

166304 - 154880 = 11424 extra slayer points.

That's 380 extensions in 10,000 tasks - or 1 extension every 27 tasks completed.

I would say it's not worth extending because you just don't want to break your head figuring out when you're okay to use an extension :P

Factor in the drop rate of the tuska pieces also. Those are slayer points.
Join the clan " Green Bandits " today! Twitch/Twitter: @il_ija

21-Jun-2015 02:32:04

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top