Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Follow
Jul Member 2010

Follow

Posts: 10,934 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
2unar said :
profiled

What do you mean by "weighing under 10" Lifer?

Every slayer task has a different "weight". It's a number assigned to it that determines how often you get that type of task.

The exact probability of getting a task is calculated as follows: (monster's weight / sum of all weights ) x 100. The sum of all weights comes from all types of monsters that the particular slayer master can assign BUT the monsters you blocked (and the monsters you don't have lvl for, locked etc) are subtracted.

I can tell you that the plain, unmodified sum of all weights for Morvran is 285. Also (for example), highest weight for Morvran are Airuts (16) and lowest are Kalgerions and Kalphites (5). Thus, assuming you blocked nothing and preferred nothing, chance of getting an Airut task is 16/285 (around 5.6%) and Kalgerions/Kalphites is 5/285 (around 1.7%). Everything else is in between that, so not much variation overall.

Now, this means that if you block something, the chances for all others increase slightly (because you remove weights from the 285). Also, when you prefer something, I suppose (by the description of its mechanics) it doubles the chance for that particular monster (not exactly sure on that one).

Conclusions: it might not be worth blocking some monsters with low weights. It's also worth having block/prefer lists full for maximum desired tasks (as an additional rough guess: I think that if you filled the block list with high-weight monsters and preferred Airuts, you could have like 15-25% chance for getting them, and that's a lot).

Look for "Slayer Masters" in the official Jagex knowledge base for more info.
Join the RuneScape community on Reddit in
/r/runescape

27-Sep-2014 23:51:01 - Last edited on 28-Sep-2014 00:24:07 by Follow

Bois

Bois

Posts: 212 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Betterestcw said :
I just do every task assigned like a true slayer =P

O so is that what a true slayer does?...

My pref list atm:
Elves (probably best task in game atm)
Airuts
Celestial dragons
Abby demons
Avainsies
Dark beasts (temporarily)
Automatons

28-Sep-2014 00:17:22 - Last edited on 28-Sep-2014 00:19:24 by Bois

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top