Forums

Morvran's Prefer/Block

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

GoT

GoT

Posts: 631 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yewnock said :
So I got an abyssal demons task today and I decided to try out something I have been thinking for some time already: demon slayer equipment (top/legs/boots/gloves). And I'm quite satisfied with it. The armour gives both an 4% damage boots per piece and an extra 2% combat xp boost per piece. I didn't use a demon familiar because I didn't want to make a very serious test anyway (my fps drops far too much when fighting abby demons on slayer tower - I presume it's because of their constant tele'ing, in conjunction with 3rd world connection and computer), and still I got 900 kills/h easily. I'm sure close to 950 should be possible. And when adding the bonus combat xp on that it makes range even better than mage there.

Morytania legs 4 give 10% slayer xp boost. I would use these over the demon slay legs.

14-Nov-2015 12:31:46

Weyburns
Nov Member 2021

Weyburns

Posts: 4,823 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rib said :
Weyburns said :
can you get abyssal wand in tower while you have a contract? on task of course

im like 6.1k aby demons dry of a wand and idk if a friends fking with me or not

You can cos thats where I do my tasks and I sometimes get them. Theyre around 1 in 3k drop chance for wand or orb while whip is 1 in 1k if I remember correct.

I had a abby droplog when wands were new that got to 12k before I stopped counting without one. Had 1 orb and like 12 whips tho.

oh ok, that is good to know that i'm just not super unlucky
Hardcore Ironman
|
Ironman Discussion

@WeyburnRS
|
Draconic Fury

14-Nov-2015 19:45:17

Pryda
Mar Member 2014

Pryda

Posts: 782 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Weyburns said :
Rib said :
Weyburns said :
can you get abyssal wand in tower while you have a contract? on task of course

im like 6.1k aby demons dry of a wand and idk if a friends fking with me or not

You can cos thats where I do my tasks and I sometimes get them. Theyre around 1 in 3k drop chance for wand or orb while whip is 1 in 1k if I remember correct.

I had a abby droplog when wands were new that got to 12k before I stopped counting without one. Had 1 orb and like 12 whips tho.

oh ok, that is good to know that i'm just not super unlucky

yeah i also went 10k+ kills without getting a wand drop
over here

14-Nov-2015 21:12:50

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
GoT said :
Morytania legs 4 give 10% slayer xp boost. I would use these over the demon slay legs.
The thing is that, with the slayer list I have in mind, training combat while doing slayer would be faster than training out of it (for range and mage, at least). That pretty much transforms slayer in a skill like constitution. What I'm trying to say is that, if you can get more combat xp/h doing slayer than doing other methods, than you should just keep training slayer until you have 200m on those combat skills; even after 200m slayer. Seeing how the slayer:combat xp ratio tends to be under 1:2.5 even when focusing on combat xp tasks, it doesn't seem to me the extra slayer xp from the morytania legs would actually be worth it.

But regardless, all I wanted to mention there was how I think the demon slayer equipment can be good. I didn't want to start discussing the whole slayer list and how it relates to combat training ;) .

14-Nov-2015 21:43:55 - Last edited on 15-Nov-2015 00:20:23 by Yewnock

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Hevilmystic said :
Yewnock said :
(my fps drops far too much when fighting abby demons on slayer tower
Is the top floor room suitable for killing Abyssal Demons?

My old PC used to lag incredibly hard on the roof of the tower for some reason, I believe I put it down to the game rendering both the roof and the top floor if you are on the roof.
I actually didn't even try the floor under the roof because a looong time ago I remember not being happy with the spawns (both their number and location). I guess it's worth another try, thanks for the tip :) .

Edit: and regarding the abby wand drop, yea it's just bad luck :( .

14-Nov-2015 21:47:05 - Last edited on 14-Nov-2015 21:47:37 by Yewnock

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

PyraTheAegis said :
According to Mod Cuppa the new monsters weighing are rarer than Edimmu but more common than Kal gerions.
Ok so that's between 6 and 9 (assuming the inequalities are strict).... which is not that specific but better than nothing I guess. Is he planning on giving us a riddle next time? Lol. Thanks for the info though.

16-Nov-2015 20:59:06

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yewnock said :
PyraTheAegis said :
According to Mod Cuppa the new monsters weighing are rarer than Edimmu but more common than Kal gerions.
Ok so that's between 6 and 9 (assuming the inequalities are strict).... which is not that specific but better than nothing I guess. Is he planning on giving us a riddle next time? Lol. Thanks for the info though.

Added the 4 new creatures on the sheet as weight=8 as an estimate until we get a solid number. It should still be accurate enough to use for prefer/block chance until we have the correct weight.

Did not add any kill rates or charm rates/ect.
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

16-Nov-2015 21:19:24 - Last edited on 16-Nov-2015 21:20:33 by AoDude

Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603 Back to Top