Quick find code: 259-260-897-65487603

Skyclad Jedi

Skyclad Jedi

Posts: 3,875 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Betterestcw said :
I just do every task assigned like a true slayer =P

I do, too.

And I pick up my drops.

To me, the Slayer skill is about challenge, variety, and profit. I like to think of myself as an expert killer who can go anywhere on Runescape and kill whatever needs killing.

So yeah, I did lava strykes, camels, rippers, and mammoths in the past week. I hated them, but, they were assigned, so I did the tasks. Still looking for one of those rare drops, though.

25-Mar-2016 13:58:39

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well:

20 Slayer points for a normal task
100 for every 10th task
300 for every 50th task

So in 50 tasks, you get a total of:
1x 300 (50th task)
4x 100 (10th, 20th, 30th, 40th task)
45x20 (rest of the tasks)

1600 slayer points
divide by 30, you get enough to cancel 53 and 1/3 times.

Now, when you have completed 50 tasks, this meant you have cancelled 53.33 tasks on average in the meantime if you aimed to break even.

You've done 50 tasks and cancelled 53.33 tasks, this meant you have encountered a total of 103.33 tasks (50 + 53.33) :

50 / 103.33 = 0.48387 or 48.4%

The break even percentage goes higher the lower slayer master you go because lower slayer masters give less points and cancelling tasks is a flat 30 points.

25-Mar-2016 14:23:36 - Last edited on 25-Mar-2016 14:24:33 by Lifer

Lifer
Jul Member 2008

Lifer

Posts: 12,424 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Jiefurui said :
Yeah I seen that, rs wikia gets their source from the official runescape wiki, but Acheron Mammoths aren't listed on there yet. How do they determine the 8 weighting? I'm just wondering if there is some sort of formula to figuring that out.

Elite mobs are a guess, jmods refuse to confirm them. 8 seems a safe bet because it's neither too high or too low, and based on the trends of past slayer monster weightings.

25-Mar-2016 14:26:58

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lifer said :
Jiefurui said :
Yeah I seen that, rs wikia gets their source from the official runescape wiki, but Acheron Mammoths aren't listed on there yet. How do they determine the 8 weighting? I'm just wondering if there is some sort of formula to figuring that out.

Elite mobs are a guess, jmods refuse to confirm them. 8 seems a safe bet because it's neither too high or too low, and based on the trends of past slayer monster weightings.
The best they said was it's something like between 7 and 10, wasn't it?

I have no idea why they refuse to confirm though lol.

26-Mar-2016 23:08:57

AoDude

AoDude

Posts: 1,694 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yewnock said :
Lifer said :
Jiefurui said :

The best they said was it's something like between 7 and 10, wasn't it?

I have no idea why they refuse to confirm though lol.

AoDude said :
Yewnock said :
PyraTheAegis said :
According to Mod Cuppa the new monsters weighing are rarer than Edimmu but more common than Kal gerions.
Ok so that's between 6 and 9 (assuming the inequalities are strict).... which is not that specific but better than nothing I guess. Is he planning on giving us a riddle next time? Lol. Thanks for the info though.

Added the 4 new creatures on the sheet as weight=8 as an estimate until we get a solid number. It should still be accurate enough to use for prefer/block chance until we have the correct weight.

Did not add any kill rates or charm rates/ect.

Best we have
AO
Deputy-Owner :
The Nexus CC

27-Mar-2016 02:47:55

Yewnock
Feb Member 2021

Yewnock

Posts: 1,216 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
PyraTheAegis said :
Apparently according to a stream a few weeks back they're gonna add Spiritual Mages to Morvran. How are they in terms of exp?
I haven't done them in ages (last time I did a task was when sirenic armour was released... so like 2013? At least scales were more expensive and more common back then :p ); but they didn't use to be very good; the number that comes to my mind is roughly 400-450k range xp/h.

27-Mar-2016 05:01:21

Oboi
Dec Member 2004

Oboi

Posts: 9,663 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
bump coz i can never find this fkn thread when i want it

­­

~ Just Say Neigh To The evolution Of Combat #95% Of Rs Population

~ I Am fat, dont hate. ~
http://puu.sh/oGQPJ.jpg
~ JAGEX BE HAITIN AUSTRALIANS.

~ 1/5000m to remove the sig for life! #therichgetricher PM "iron oboi" 2 donate