Forums

My "I got scammed" story

Quick find code: 259-260-877-66122184

Yarwed

Yarwed

Posts: 805 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UtaChao said :

I've actually fell for this, sucks but that was back in the day when I was both a child and a gullible fool. I am now neither. Plus, who really goes into the wildy now?

I am sure there is a lot of players daring wilderness in the quiet but I am fairly sure everyone going to wilderness these days are aware of the risks involved, the slayer log drops or trying to get pet from chaos elemental, it will just seem that no one goes there because no one wants anyone to know when and where they go to try reap new content there, I do believe the pvp aspect has gone down a lot.

05-Oct-2019 01:24:33

Horsechaser
Feb Member 2010

Horsechaser

Posts: 4,200 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My way of dealing with scammers of that type is when someone asks me to buy something from ge because of buy sell limits, I just say....

sure, fine, give me the gp and I will be happy to put it in ge for you

Seems they always want you to trust them, but they dont want to trust you......sheesh

07-Oct-2019 00:53:04

Conner 4Real
Jun Member 2019

Conner 4Real

Posts: 265 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Tuffty said :
Hello Peltarius.

You said you reported in game which is good as Jagex can see what went on. But you still have other options.

You can send Jagex and E-Mail to:- [email protected]

Explain what went on and say you reported in game (Jagex can check and link the report) and there you can name and shame them etc. Give Jagex as much detail as you can and with luck they will end up banned for scamming.

Good luck with this.

Sad to see though this scam still goes on in game. I was caught out with this scam many years ago but didn't lose as much as you. I was pissed for days just as you were.

Can this be used to report scammers at other places like duel arena? Technically both players have vision of and are accepting the rules of a stake but one of the players is abusing the system for personal gain.

I'm asking because this is a similar situation (in my view) to the OPs story. While the OP's story is clearly of a scam the scammer used existing game systems (GE) in order to fulfill his selling offers of items for ridiculous prices. So since the transaction occurred thru the GE would Jagex really take this report seriously (do anything about it) or would be just be wasting resources asking them to review it?

Would they take similar reports of scamming from duel arena seriously as well?

13-Oct-2019 08:40:03

Quick find code: 259-260-877-66122184 Back to Top