Forums

QoL Update Ideas? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 259-260-73-65884688

Nyu
Sep Member 2020

Nyu

Posts: 5,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm using your definition of "QOL" as "small Ninja update" rather than "a small change/tweak".

A compromise on improving the usability of the recent Max/Comp cape perks - just make it slightly less clunky to use...I'm fine with only selecting 3 but navigating all the menus to use the perks is just clunky.

Max/Comp Skill Keybinds for 'Perks Menu' or adding right click->activate [skill] perk options:
1/2/3 keybinds should work on the 'Perks' menu to active the perks.
https://pomf.pyonpyon.moe/ttzlfb.png

This should, by default, activate the perk. Removing the perk should remain for left/right clicks. This will make using the perks a lot less clunky while not reducing the number of interfaces. I imagine the clunkiness of it all is so that certain items aren't completely devalued?

In a perfect world the cape would have a right click option to activate your select perks.

So max game right click, when worn, would look like:
-Remove
-Max Guild
-Customize
-Activate [Skill] Perk
-Activate [Skill] Perk
-Activate [Skill] Perk

Which would be just 1 more option than the Slayer Helmet currently has.

Allow skillers to turn augmented hatches/pickaxes into a "skiller" item to avoid misclicking monsters while mining/woodcutting. Since we're required to wield the augmented item when we would usually be wearing a bow/c'bow without ammo or a staff/wand without a spell equipped. This would be a huge QOL change for skillers and would be opt-in. Mining on my alt has me quite nervous ATM!

Allow users to bring their Baby Trolls into solo DG floors. So that we can all have a Hexhunter Bow troll. This would also have the effect of mostly killing off the black market for buying smuggled DG items. I say "mostly" because I think a few smuggled keys still exist and you can't even pick up keys anymore due to the Keybag update.

Allow users to invent a handmade telescope to spot falling stars from anywhere in the world.
181m Slayer XP and 37,963 Edimmu slain for my Dungeoneering pet. Slayer is still the worst skill in the game.

25-Feb-2017 21:18:47

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sreyas said :
Pogmathon said :
UtaChao said :
Pogmathon said :
Set left click option on Max Guild alter to admire, right click to sit.

Yeah, it's annoying when you misclick and you're bombarded with all the reqs you've missed.

I imagine that would be annoying but whenever I am in a hurry and click to pray before running through portal I end up caught in the emote that sits you in chair. :P

At least we completionists can keep our dignity :P Non-comp'd players get turned into chickens :P

One day when I comp the Ironman, I'll know what you're referring to :P
Ironman: Autark

25-Feb-2017 21:23:00

Nyu
Sep Member 2020

Nyu

Posts: 5,194 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Automatically disable Scrimshaws if a user is out of combat for more than 5 minutes.

Automatically apply Neem Oil to the/any Ganodermic Creature(s) you are fighting/in combat with. This is the #1 reason I have this task blocked. IDC if it gets added as a Slayer Reward (similar to auto-smashing Gargoyles).

Make Reflect damage consistent across all monsters. Sometimes it counts as a kill and sometimes it doesn't. This means many quests are bugged if your Blood Necklace happens to deal the final blow to the monster. The monster will stay alive with 0HP. For demonstration purposes: https://pomf.pyonpyon.moe/vvnjnw.gif

I had to teleport away and fight again because I killed the Werewolf one way instead of another and it bugged out and became immortal. This actually happens to me quite frequently with my blood neck or Reflect ability dealing the final hit to an enemy.

Also another huge QOL buff would be checking your patches. https://pomf.pyonpyon.moe/jtgxee.gif

Make all quest XP rewards into lamps - to benefit alternative methods of playing (huge QOL change for skillers/the few remaining pures). Questing is hard enough as it is on a skiller, not being able to complete a difficult quest because you don't want the "reward" is a bummer. Rewards should be rewarding to everyone! Not a punishment to some players.
181m Slayer XP and 37,963 Edimmu slain for my Dungeoneering pet. Slayer is still the worst skill in the game.

25-Feb-2017 21:29:19 - Last edited on 25-Feb-2017 21:32:05 by Nyu

Team Misha
Nov Member 2023

Team Misha

Posts: 12,161 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seren prayer:
-Add number to how many people are using teamwork protection and thus influencing the damage reduction. I.e. if 3 people have it active and are standing close enough, you each see a 3 next to the icon (and then hover over could say like 3*X% reduction). Could also do with raising the cap to something like 35% to make it less useless.

25-Feb-2017 23:19:51

Sreyas

Sreyas

Posts: 4,083 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
UtaChao said :
Sreyas said :
Pogmathon said :
UtaChao said :
Pogmathon said :
Set left click option on Max Guild alter to admire, right click to sit.

Yeah, it's annoying when you misclick and you're bombarded with all the reqs you've missed.

I imagine that would be annoying but whenever I am in a hurry and click to pray before running through portal I end up caught in the emote that sits you in chair. :P

At least we completionists can keep our dignity :P Non-comp'd players get turned into chickens :P

One day when I comp the Ironman, I'll know what you're referring to :P

You need only be maxed, my friend :P You'll know what I'm referring to :P
Experience may be the best teacher, but necessity gives you a crash course.
Grand Exchange rework | Disassembling Imp | QOL Updates | QOL updates v2

26-Feb-2017 03:56:09

Sreyas

Sreyas

Posts: 4,083 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Combat:
- Make debuff spells easier to use on revolution mode
- Add a buff timer to Detonate ability showing how much it's charged, as the green arrows on the floor can be hard to see in more areas than they're clear
- Now that you can just give a steel titan his scrolls to hold, and auto-use, it makes "enchanted headgear" quite useless. My idea to fix that, is let the headgear hold all kinds of scrolls, not just combat, but not auto-use them. Instead they can be manually activated, and you get to save an inventory space when using yaks/unicorns.

Skills:
- Add hunting tools to toolbelt (noose wand, teasing stick, yaktwee stick)

Other:
- Make the most recently used fairy ring the default code when you use it. It would help a lot when using fairy rings multiple times, when the codes aren't in your favourites list. Like using the polypore or D-K-S code for polypore monsters or ice strykes.
Experience may be the best teacher, but necessity gives you a crash course.
Grand Exchange rework | Disassembling Imp | QOL Updates | QOL updates v2

26-Feb-2017 08:06:34 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2017 14:26:05 by Sreyas

Thy Great Ra

Thy Great Ra

Posts: 575 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It would improve my quality of 'RuneScape life' if I didn't have to run around everywhere wasting time collecting free stuff.

I think we should have an NPC to collect free daily achievement rewards like planks, logs from Coeden, tokkul, sand, etc.. An interface would open with all items listed with options to toggle/select for items like planks & other things and a 'claim-all' button that would bank everything. If requirements aren't met for certain items they'd be locked.

26-Feb-2017 11:35:22

Quick find code: 259-260-73-65884688 Back to Top